Married three years. One child, a beautiful son. She's so mean to me. Hindsight is always 20/20, and she always loves to tell me how she's right. Barely has sex with me. I'm on anti-depressants. I have the job. She's a stay at home mom. I travel for work now and then. I have dreams when out of town of people who are so kind to me. They make me happy. She makes me sad. I am miserable.

I had a dream of someone who was so kind. Kindness makes me happy. I just don't know what to do. I fear for the day when our son realizes how cruel she is.

I don't know what to do. Is a second divorce the way to go? She's so selfish. I'm so unhappy.

Your thoughts?

Philosoraptor

Before you cut ties you need to seek individual therapy and couples therapy to see if this can be corrected. Not only for your marriage, but so your son (whether his parents are together or not) has a chance to not grow up with an abusive mother. If she does it to you odds are when she has your child she will treat him the same way.

With a stay at home parent, you have no shot at custody and will be a EOW parent. Can you live with that? If so, get out before you are ordered to pay alimony checks in addition to child support. You have control of how your ex acts. Only on how you react and what action you take.

Have you told her any of this? Have you given her specific examples of how she hurts you so that she has a chance to change?

Some people -- like me -- are simply forthright & love to be right. We don't always realize our attitude hurts others but it's not meant to be intentionally cruel.

You took marriage vows: for better or worse, in good time & bad . . . it's time to honor them by at least trying to work on your marriage.