love and hate marriage

I love my husband with all my heart but I have so much anger toward him.we have been together 7years and been married almost 4years.in the first year of are relationship he was hooked on drugs and drinking. and he blames Me for his doing he has wrecked every car I had from drinking and driving never once has he ever helped me buy one.I have been hit with

A gun and he has hit me with a bottle I have even had my eye swollen shut.I let him vent to me by telling me his problems but when I try to vent to him he don't wanna hear what I have to say then get mad when I shut him out its like all he cares about are his own dang feelings the wonders why I don't' show any kind of affection toward him I do truly love him but I need some dang respect:(

Lernaean_Hydra
I love my husband with all my heart but I have so much anger toward him.we have been together 7years and been married almost 4years.in the first year of are relationship he was hooked on drugs and drinking. and he blames Me for his doing he has wrecked every car I had from drinking and driving never once has he ever helped me buy one.I have been hit with

A gun and he has hit me with a bottle I have even had my eye swollen shut.I let him vent to me by telling me his problems but when I try to vent to him he don't wanna hear what I have to say then get mad when I shut him out its like all he cares about are his own dang feelings the wonders why I don't' show any kind of affection toward him I do truly love him but I need some dang respect:(

You are in an emotionally and physically abusive relationship, what on earth are you even asking for here? You say you love him but does he "love" you, because it doesn't sound like it? And he certainly doesn't respect you, which is really no surprise because people rarely respect anyone who lets them abuse them for years.

Reread what you wrote, out loud if you have to then ask yourself if any of that makes any sense. You need to get out of this toxic situation now...that's really the only advice I can provide you with.

You don't need respect from him. You need self respect & the ability to spot abuse for what it is.

Go to an Al-Anon meeting. It's a group for people who loved alcoholics. Just sit & listen. I bet a lot of what you hear will sound familiar.

• Like 1
Miss Awesome

You think you love him, but when you remove yourself from this situation, you will see how mixed up you are.

Sounds like you would really benefit from counseling to help you sort out what you want in life and to help you figure out why you love someone who hurts you.

Michelle ma Belle
You don't need respect from him. You need self respect & the ability to spot abuse for what it is.

Go to an Al-Anon meeting. It's a group for people who loved alcoholics. Just sit & listen. I bet a lot of what you hear will sound familiar.

This was pretty much exactly how I was going to respond.

Having worked with women of domestic violence, this is a highly toxic environment and abusive relationship you're in and you don't even seem to realize it.

Not surprising.

I think you need to start with an Al-Anon meeting most definitely if only to surround yourself with others who are going through similar experiences with their loved ones.

You deserve better.

devilish innocent

You know that you are a victim of severe domestic abuse, right? Once a man has hit with you a bottle or hit you hard enough that your eye is swollen shut, there's no doubt this is far beyond any typical marital problems. You may love him, but there are times when love is not a good reason to stay with someone. Your safety should come first. I'd urge you to check out the national domestic violence hotline for more information: The National Domestic Violence Hotline | 24/7 Confidential Support

• Like 1
You think you love him, but when you remove yourself from this situation, you will see how mixed up you are.

Sounds like you would really benefit from counseling to help you sort out what you want in life and to help you figure out why you love someone who hurts you.

This.

You don't love him. You're emotionally dependent on him, for both good and bad.

Get a divorce, get your head together, and you'll laugh at what you thought love was.