What I love about my husband or wife...

BetheButterfly

This marriage section of loveshack is full of negative stuff. :( It makes me sad. I guess most people who are not doing well in their marriage for various reasons use loveshack to vent, when is understandable.

When marriages are doing well, the couples enjoy more time together, which is again - understandable. :)

However, it'd be great to focus on the positive. One of the billion things I love about my husband is his ability and choice to focus on the positives about everything, including about me.

I know I have a lot of weaknesses and things I need to grow in as a person. However, I am so grateful that my husband sees the best in me and encourages me. He doesn't criticize me or tear me down. I love that about him. He has helped me mature and grow in many ways, and I tell him all the time, "What would I do without you?" :)

While I love his intelligence and handsomeness and humor, I also love about him his caring nature. He told me today about finding a baby kitten with his/her eyes not open in a dangerous place (where people throw heavy tools), and how he moved the baby to a safe place where the Mommy should be able to see it and take care of it. We are hoping the Mommy returns and takes care of the little one!!! :love::love::love: We are hoping to eventually adopt this little one, once he/she is old enough to leave Mommy.

I really appreciate that even though my hubby looks intimidating, he cares for even the most helpless of creatures. :love::love::love:

I also love that my husband understands that I'm not feeling well and so doesn't push me to go the gym (where he is right now) this evening. My husband is a gym freak and I'm not, yet I love that he's been patient and understanding with me when I'm not feeling like going to work out with him.

What do you love about your husband or wife?

• Like 8
quankanne

I love his sweet Southern accent and manners ...

I love his sweet sugar-buns ;)

His quirky sense of humor, and the way he inspires a feeling of soul-security ~ the way he's accepting of my flaws (physical and otherwise).

How he wakes up every morning and his first words to me are "Good morning, baby, I love you" ... he said he decided that it was something good to do and say ...

most of all, I love how he always manages to be loving and gentle when I need it most (usually when I'm feeling crappy), because he's mostly the one who will get in people's faces and say stuff like "Sympathy is found in the dictionary between sht and syphillis" :laugh::laugh::laugh:

• Like 3
Candy_Pants

This is a great thread :love:, and it'll be therapeutic for me to respond, so here I go!!

I love how passionate he is about politics (something I know very little about [by choice]).

I love how hard he's working to get healthy and be the man he's capable of being.

I love how he tells me every day that he loves me and how beautiful I am (even if we're fighting).

I love how focused he is on our future.

I love how attracted to me he is, even more so now that I'm pregnant (and don't feel attractive at all).

I love that he's so excited about our baby and keeps buying things we won't need for at least 4 months!!

I love his hands, how they're rough from working hard to provide us with everything we need.

I love how much history we have, and how he tells me I'm the first and last woman he'll ever love.

I love his cooking.

I love working on our garden together.

I love making him laugh and how his eyes sparkle.

I love how closely he watches me when I'm doing something he thinks is cute.

I love catching him smiling when he thinks I don't know he's watching me!!

I love how he's so creative and can make anything!!

I love that he chose me to be his wife, and the mother of his children.

• Like 3
Tressugar

Too many qualities to list. But I love how he (my husband) worships the ground walk on, provides for me and loves me for me being me!

One day soon, I would love to have his child to show him the appreciation and Iove I feel for him.

Edited by Tressugar
  • Like 4

I love his quirkiness, his intelligence, good humour, his body, his gentleness, his caring nature, his generosity, his authenticity, his strength, his close R to his family, his love for animals, his passion for knowledge, his creativity, his perseverance, his selflessness, his enthusiasm, his laugh, his drive, his twinkly eyes, his music, his silliness, his profundity, the depth of his love, his openness to new experiences, his passion, his cooking, his dancing, his family, his social ease, the respect he commands professionally, his hands, his huge heart. I love how easily we for together, and I love how we bring out the best in each other.

• Like 3
Silly_Girl

My husband is just such a very, very good person. I'm in awe of how he is so kind and caring. It makes me feel warm and fuzzy when I think about who he is and what he brings to our family. I voice all my worries and upsets to him and he takes it all in his stride, and is a fantastic step-dad and dad. And he makes me laugh every day and very often one or both of us end up in tears as a result. We're so lucky we found each other, and just in time to have children together too :p

• Like 4

When my husband and I first started dating, he had trouble believing I actually liked being with him. So I starting writing down what I called his "ego boost" and showed it to him. I updated it on each anniversary. It's full of inside jokes that only we understand. Once we got married I kept it up. True story.

That list is now pages and pages long. I enjoy writing it as much as he enjoys reading it, because now every year I go back and can see the entire history of our relationship unfold.

So, it'd be faster to list the things I don't love about my husband.

Like, I wish he would come to bed earlier more often, for cuddles.

The man is incapable of changing his socks often enough to meet worldly standards of hygiene.

I really wish he didn't have some irrational vendetta against mushrooms, because I kinda like them.

....Yep, that's about it :D

• Like 2

LOL ~ Dovegirl, I married a 'Bama boy, so HE eats all kinds of strange things!

• Like 1
LOL ~ Dovegirl, I married a 'Bama boy, so HE eats all kinds of strange things!

We are in Maryland, so we eat things like blue crabs which other people think are disgusting, haha. I mean, most people agree they taste good. But I've heard it compared to cracking open a large bug.

Which reminds me of another thing I don't love about him. He uses a crab mallet. Only TOURISTS use crab mallets!!!

It's embarrassing. :laugh:

• Like 1
Grumpybutfun

Everything...she's sweet, kind, wicked smart, sexy, beautiful, soft, thoughtful, funny, witty, great homemaker and political journalist, super mom, her happiness is contagious, and she lets me know everyday that I make her world a much better place. I am a very lucky man.

G

• Like 4