Facebook - Husband and wife like they disconnected/like they don't know each other???

I'msolostatthemoment

I know this couple, they are married with kids. They are not friends on Facebook , and neither say they are married, and therefore don't say they are married to each other. The wife has thousands of photos of her kids, her friends, her family, but absolutely none of her husband, or her husband with the kids. They had loads of parties in their house, with many photos, and not one of her husband being present. The wife does not have her wedding ring or engagement ring on her third left hand finger, but I think she could have her engagement ring on her third finger on her right hand? The reason I am asking is this woman is a friend of mine, and I don't want to ask her about her husband, but I am concerned about her, and her marriage. What do you guys think? Do you think this is all a bit odd since they are married?

Not your business, they obviously are very relaxed with social media. Thats good.

I know this couple' date=' they are married with kids. They are not friends on Facebook , and neither say they are married, and therefore don't say they are married to each other. The wife has thousands of photos of her kids, her friends, her family, but absolutely none of her husband, or her husband with the kids. They had loads of parties in their house, with many photos, and not one of her husband being present. The wife does not have her wedding ring or engagement ring on her third left hand finger, but I think she could have her engagement ring on her third finger on her right hand? The reason I am asking is this woman is a friend of mine, and I don't want to ask her about her husband, but I am concerned about her, and her marriage. What do you guys think? Do you think this is all a bit odd since they are married?[/quote']
  • Like 2

Is this the married man you have posted about a few times? The one you seem to be "interested" in?

Just trying to understand the motives behind your apparent concern for their marriage.

• Like 2

People scrutinizing marriages from the outside usually don't get an accurate picture. That's especially true if the source of information is Facebook.

Very often, the less you see about a marriage on Facebook, the happier the marriage is. And the more you see in "public declaration", the less happy it is. Not always, but often.

My own marriage has very little Facebook presence. My page is mine, and his page is his. Our marriage is not Facebook fodder.

• Like 1

I am up to speed now, I think.

Is this the married man you have posted about a few times? The one you seem to be "interested" in?

Just trying to understand the motives behind your apparent concern for their marriage.

• Author
I'msolostatthemoment

Its about my friend, and her husband, seriously. I have known her for a while through another friend, and we became good friends recently. She is a great great person, mother and wife. We became friends on Facebook, and this is what I have seen. I don't intend on saying anything to her or him at all, as it is not my business which I very much realise. Is this the same case for many married people on Facebook, like they don't know each other at all? I have married friends, and they are all friends or say that are married, I just find this odd, and would like you guys opinion

pickflicker
I know this couple' date=' they are married with kids. They are not friends on Facebook , and neither say they are married, and therefore don't say they are married to each other. The wife has thousands of photos of her kids, her friends, her family, but absolutely none of her husband, or her husband with the kids. They had loads of parties in their house, with many photos, and not one of her husband being present. The wife does not have her wedding ring or engagement ring on her third left hand finger, but I think she could have her engagement ring on her third finger on her right hand? The reason I am asking is this woman is a friend of mine, and I don't want to ask her about her husband, but I am concerned about her, and her marriage. What do you guys think? Do you think this is all a bit odd since they are married?[/quote']

In Eastern Orthodox religions, the wedding ring is worn on the right hand. But I suspect your motives for wondering about their marriage have little concern for tradition.

Ultimately, her marriage is her problem (or blessing). Not yours. I've never put a remarkably status on FB. I'd only do it if it was important to my partner.

Edited by pickflicker

what I find odd is your interest in this. Why do you feel the need to get involved??

If she wanted you in her business, she would approach you about it.

Do you have an interest in the husband that is behind this?????? are you seeing her lack of pictures of him on FB as a possible opening to get to him?

• Author
I'msolostatthemoment
what I find odd is your interest in this. Why do you feel the need to get involved??

If she wanted you in her business, she would approach you about it.

Do you have an interest in the husband that is behind this?????? are you seeing her lack of pictures of him on FB as a possible opening to get to him?

NO. NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, and again NO. It is nothing to do with the person I liked, nothing at all. This is my friend and her husband, completely different people. I am asking you guys opinion on this, to see what you think, THAT IS ALL. She is my friend, and I am asking if you know if many married couples are like this, or not, that is all, nothing else. Just your opinions or your views nothing else, I am just concerned for my friend.

Forget facebook. I've seen couples be all lovey, right up until they announce a separation. And other couples that I know are strong have no Facebook interaction at all.

Sometimes there are good reasons. For exsmple, if one spouse likes to post political things, or racy jokes, and the spouse needs to keep a very professional image, keeping FB separate makes sense.

pickflicker
NO. NO' date=' NO, NO, NO, NO, and again NO. It is nothing to do with the person I liked, nothing at all. This is my friend and her husband, completely different people. I am asking you guys opinion on this, to see what you think, THAT IS ALL. She is my friend, and I am asking if you know if many married couples are like this, or not, that is all, nothing else. Just your opinions or your views nothing else, I am just concerned for my friend.[/quote']

I'm sure if there was anything to be worried about, and you're a good friend, she would say something. I don't see any reason to be concerned.

I am just concerned for my friend.

I'm not sure where your concern for your friend is coming from. What exactly are you concerned about? It is her FB page and she posts the pictures she chooses to post. Just because none of them include her husband doesn't mean a thing. I know several couples whose spouses do not like pictures of them being posted on social media.

Bottom line is that it is none of your business, whether it be the pics she chooses to post or where she wears her rings, or if she wears a ring at all. You are creating something out of nothing.