Lunitic ex husband refuses to leave me alone!

ok.. i'm gonna try to make my long story short.. but here goes.. I married for a second time in 2001.. I have a daughter from my previous marriage.. I married a musilm man and I am definately not a muslim.. shortly after marriage I realized I had made a hugh mistake.. He was a cronic liar and I started to suspect that he married me as a means to get his US immigration papers.. to make long story short.. I found a lot of money in cash, when I confronted him.. he said he had saved it but was scared to tell me he had it.. we are talking thousands.. ok..so like an idiot I give him the benefit of doubt and agree to go to counseling but one evening as i'm cleaning stuff up I come across a number of Social Security cards I later email a contact I had from his country who contacts his brother for me and the brother gives me my husband's name as his own.. so.. after 2 counseling sessions I decided i'm out of this since there is something definately not right.. I boot him out of my house, file for divorce at which time he proceeds to contact my lawyer and tell her that I have decided to cancel the divorce.. my lawyer tells him she has to hear it from me.. he then has a lawyer contact my lawyer on his behalf claiming that I am being forced to divorce him by family.. I then black mail him and tell him that if he comes to court of contest the divorce I will report him to INS.. he leaves me alone.. and then when the divorce is finale he turns around and calls me to tell me that he is a mulsim man and only he can divorce me as such if I do not allow him to return he will make me pay for it. so I call the police and file a report.. I don't hear from him for almost a year..

Now he has resurfaced.. his INS appointment time is coming up and he wants to force me to help him.. He went so far as to try to contact my ex husband who I am friendly with and he told me about his attempt. As a result I have now had to send a letter to INS telling them what happened and what is going on.. But he refuses to leave me alone the problem is he is not directly contacting me but going to family and friends of mines.. and its driving me nuts.. I contacted the police but they say there is nothing they can do..

I ran into him at the local mall the other day and he started walking besides me and said "so we're going to macy's?" I said excuse me.. "WE" aren't going anywhere.. this is driving me nuts.. and my poor daughter is stressing because if he sees her or anyone in my family he will immediately approach them and begin to wail and cry that he wants help getting back together.. he really starts to cry and wails like a baby.. I'm sick of this and don't quite know how the heck to get him to understand that its over.. and that he needs to leave me alone.. everyone in my family has spoken to him and he still insist that we are married and getting back together..

I have even had his boss who I ran into the other day say.. wow I didnt' think you would have gotten back together with your husband.. when I question the boss he said that he was told by my ex that we have moved back in together and that we are planning to have a baby soon.. uh I can't even have anymore children..

needless to say this is getting ridiculous.. sorry for the long story.. but just had to get it out any adivce would be appreciated.

thanks

Two words, "Restraining Order". That's about all you can do. And you need to spell it out to where if he contacts any of your family or friends that he will be in content of the restraining order. This only works for a few months at a time, but keep renewing it and if he's caught, he'll go to jail. Simple as that.

Call the INS and let them know that you two are divorced and he his harassing you. Tell them he is up for his appointment with them. The divorce is legal, even if his religion doesn't allow it.

MeanNewYorker

I know some people who specialize in "handling" these types of problems.......they're very good with baseball bats.......

• Author

LOL.. well I'm sure I could handle it like that too but I don't want to end up in jail..

I actually went to the Victim Services at our local court house and was told by them that I can't get a restraint order on him since he has not been contacting me but has gone around contacting everyone else.

I also contacted INS.. now its just a matter of time to see what is going to happen if they will infact do something about it..

I'm just sick of the idiot continuing to claim we are still married.. and trying to get information about me.. sigh.. and I hate running into him on the streets..

but I guess one learns from their mistakes.. and boy did I learn from this one.

MeanNewYorker

Also, considering the pain you've endured, and the fact that the INS probably won't run to find this clown, but if you tell them that he's been acting strangely, ie. tell them you suspect he's a terrorist planning something here in the US, within hours they'll take him away.

When you play with a snake, you have to act like one. :)

I wouldn't do that if I were you unless you are serious. That kind of action could back fire on you and you could be charged.

• Author

Actually I sent INS a letter which had copies of some money transfers I found to his country and a copy of the email his brother sent me claiming to have the same name. I found a money transfer in the amount of $30,000 to his country where the heck he got all this money is beyond me since he had been here for only about 2 years before I met him.

When he realized I had found the SS# with different names he destroyed them.. but I was able to get copies of the other stuff I found.

my story could be a mini series at this point..

This story sounds really fishy. Instead of dealing with the INS, why don't you report this directly to the FBI? The INS cannot handle this in the same way the FBI can. The FBI will actually investigate this man and get to the bottom of what he is up to. With loads of cash and SS cards, he cannot be doing something legal here. It really should be reported to the right agency.

If you want PM me, and I'll give you the number to the Headquarters right there in CT.

PS- It doesn't sound like coincidence that you just "run" into him on the streets. He might be watching and following you.

• Author

I also gave the info to the local police department who supposedly where contacting the FBI to investigate.. Your right he is watching me.. he actually moved into an appartment down the street from me.. and called me to tell me that "I moved here and I can see your car I know when you come and go"

He was here two years before I met him.. on his person I found $48,000 in cash hidden in the lining of some suit cases.. then I found a transfer for $30,000 to his country..

Then when I left him he offered me money if I stayed with him.. supposedly he had sent the $48,000 in cash to his country.. I actually had another money transfer where he had sent that home.. shortly after I found the cash he sent it out.. so when he offered me money.. I said what are you going to send for the money you sent home at which point he commented that he had yet another $40,000 he had not told me about..

He claims that he saved up all that money.. but I doubt it working at a 7/11 type store how the heck is he going to save that amount of money in such short time??

it just doesn't add up.. and I have to be careful cause i have my child and my elderly parents to worry about..

Make sure to get your story together. Write it all down and get all the hard proof you have of the money transfers and make copies. Don't trust the local police department. They aren't on the Federal level and if they DID report it to the FBI, then the FBI would have contacted you already to get your story.

This is on a Federal level and needs to be investigated by the FBI. Someone very close to me works for the FBI and they get a lot of tips from civilians like you that actually pan out. It's important that you report it.

You also need to protect yourself. That's scary that your ex moved close to you so he could watch you. If this guy does turn out to be doing something illegal (which it sounds like it), then the FBI can protect you as well.

I will PM you the FBI Headquarters phone number in CT, which is located in New Haven.

Stay safe and you're doing the right thing!