I miss my wife...

LastThoughtTonight

...with every shot so far. No, I'm kidding. :D My wife and I have been married for a little over six months and have been together (romantically - we were strictly platonic friends for about two years previously) for a little over a year. On July 7th, she left to go to Fort Lewis in Washington State for thirty-two days. She's doing an officer training school - she's attending one of the local universities here in town and is in ROTC.

For these past couple of weeks I've been doing ok, though I went out of town for a week to do some training and have been involved with a big project at work this last week, so I've been keeping myself busy. As things have slowed down over the past two days or so, I've been having more and more difficulty being so far apart from her (we live in the East) for so long. My heart literally aches every time I think about her... which is all of the time. I've spoken with her several times and have communicated with her via snail-mail as well, but it just isn't a replacement for looking into those beautiful eyes and kissing those soft, soft lips. A little part inside of me feels like it's slowly wilting away. I'm having a really hard time with this.

Does anyone have any advice on how I can better handle these feelings? I wish there was a pill I could take so I could just wake up and she would be there in my arms. As of tomorrow it will be two weeks away, so it would have to be a heck of a sleeping pill! :)

Abe

Oh ABe

You sound so very much in love!

There's not much you can do to make the being-apart stuff easier. Just write lots of letters, tell her how you feel, communicate a lot. Communicate constantly. God, with all the technology available nowadays...there's simply no excuse for losing touch! Write, email, call.....A LOT!

Think of the time when you two will be together again.

The reuniion will be so wonderful!

And she will save the letters you write now forever!!!

Whenever times are tough in your marriage, she will take them out and read them and remember how romantic and loving you are inside.

HANG IN THERE!

• Author
LastThoughtTonight

I am in love... hopelessly. I'm trying my best to hang in there - it's hard though, I miss her so much. Thanks for the response, just hearing kind words makes me feel better. I got a letter from her tonight and I was walking on air!

Abe

aww..

you sound like my husband.

it's nice to hear about the love people have for each other.

very positive :)

• Author
LastThoughtTonight

What I'm having the most difficulty with is the fact that I don't know when I'll get to talk with her. They're not allowed to take cell phones on the base and they don't have them setup with e-mail access - this is a training camp much like basic training or AIT, but for future officers, so it's rather strict. It's called "Warrior Forge", if that means anything to anyone here. I've received one letter and a postcard from her, and have spoken with her several times (I sent her out there with a handful of pre-paid phone cards). I've sent lots of letters and pictures which she has received and is very thankful for... oh, and candy, she loved the chocolate.

Last time I spoke with her several nights ago she said she would call me tonight because she leaves tomorrow or Monday for an eight-day trip out into the field where they will be camping overnight and have no access to phones. Monday is my birthday (my first birthday since we've been married), and she won't be able to call me that day, so she wanted to make sure to call me and wish me a happy birthday. I've been tied to the phone all day. Heh.

Abe