engagments are trouble, like men

GeorgiaOnMyMind

I recently got engaged; I thought i knew as much as possible about this guy, however i am starting to feel trapped and unhappy in the relationship. I just dont feel like my whole heart is with me. I feel like the engagment has made things more unpleasant. I cant sleep at night cause i think about this. I need to tell him, but he doesnts listen. he doesnt feel the same way.

I guess it could be because i havent seen him in 3 weeks and Ive been all alone since then. But i have been feeling this way for a long time, and he just seem to care that i want to talk about it. hes in a dream world if he cant see that Im unhappy so much, and he wont talk to me. hes avoiding the situation at all costs... this is horrible.

please give any and all advice possible. I know its kinda vaugue, but i just dont know what to do and I dont want it to affect the engagment just yet.

Hunn, I really think you should have a chat with him. If he loves you, and is a good guy, then he should be able to handle you expressing some fears and/or doubts.

Just approach it in a way that will make it less emotionally charged for him to discuss.

Curt

red-rose-in-winter

You should definitely talk to him. If you are feeling trapped and unhappy in the relationship while you are engaged, think of how miserable you will feel after you are married!!!

How exactly does he act when you TRY to talk to him about how you are feeling? Does he just ignore you or blow you off? If he's not listening to you now, how is he going to act after you are married?

I suggest you sit down with him and lay everything out on the table. You owe it to yourself to find out exactly what is going on with him.

I wish you the best of luck.