mymiserablelife

Hi I am a 29 yr old woman with 3 kids married for the second time. My husband wants to control me to the point I feel like I am held hostage in my own home. I don't know what to do. I know I am unhappy and I want to be seperated but everytime I try to tell him that he wont accept it. It would be so nice to be able to talk to someone about this who is in the same boat as I.

JustSoRight

Here I am. My husband doesn't want to admit to himself that it over.

Whenever he is home I feel like I'm grounded, with the two kids while he goes out and has fun.

I'm just not giving him the chance to not accept it anymore. He either accepts the seperation or is served with divorce papers with no chance of fixing the relationship.

What was his upbringing like? Did he have parents that were overbearing and controlling? I know it'll be hard for you to do, but stand your ground and stick up for yourself, as long as he's not physically abusive I mean. I don't want you to get hurt, but, you have to fight for your freedom!!

I guess I need more details about him and what you two have been going through. It sound like to me that he is insecure with himself.......

• Author
mymiserablelife

I guess he had a rough unbringing, His biological father abused his mother and she remarried to another man who catered to his sister's more than him. We had a long distance relationship for a year before we actually got together together; face to face because I am military. Our biggest problem is his ex. I hate her and he hates my ex; we both have children from them. My thing with him is he is so scared to voice his opinion and step up and be a man when it comes to her. When they were still together she threw him in jail for supposedly raping her. It didn't happen. But yet on the other hand when we got together together my ex started some crap and filed a false report saying that he beat on my 2 yr old son and that didn't happen. He wants me to hate my ex and kiss ass to his and that ain't gonna happen. He treats my kids good yes but when his daughter comes to the house the world stops. Everybody else dissapears. He expects so much from my two children as far as when it comes to rules but lets his daughter do whatever. He will play with my kids and tease them to the point of them being in tears and screaming at the top of there lungs and if I even mention doing something like that to his daughter he gets all pissy. When I try to leave when we get into arguments, he takes my keys. If I want to leave him the only way I will be able to is to do it when hes at work or sleeping. The only thing with that is he says he will call the police and file a missing persons report. I love him, I do but my marriage before my husband did the same exact thing and I cn not stand to be controlled. I am not wanting to go out and screw around on him, I just wanna be able to do whatever I wanna do. Believe me I have voiced my concerns to him about this on many occasions. It does no good.