Am I wrong?! Husband's Best Friend Disrespecting - Woman w/children read this!

[font=times new roman][/font][color=blue][/color]

Okay - I need advice...1 - I am a newlywed of 2.5 wks. My husband and I have been together, 4.5 yrs.

This past weekend we drove out of state for a tournament and my husband's friend drove with us as well and just kept really getting mouthy with me, in front of our children. At one point I asked him to really stop at the highest tone of my voice and my husband told me he would talk to him, to calm down and that I should of just told him something else and not put my last cents into it..... ( Mind you, this has happened before and nothing was done). So last night after speaking with him again (my husband) he again mentioned that he would talk to him. I am really uncomfortable around this person, but moreso even more now and I don't want to make my husband be in any type of predicament where he can not have his best bud come by the house - which I am really okay with, but this weekend, his friend really pushed my worong buttons - What do I do?

There is more to this, I am not saying it all, but really - my husband is a person who does not like conflict, but really now, I feel as if I always have to stand ground and make limitations to defend myself. Does anyone else have the same situation? It really is not fair!

This guy should not be disrespecting and challenging you in front of your children (or at all when it comes down to it) and your husband should not allow it.

Boy, I get tired of hearing about these spineless men who don't stand up for their wives. I would be angry too if I were in your situation.

If I were you, I would make sure your husband is within ear shot the next time this guy comes over. When you're sure your husband can hear you, confront this guy and just say to him........"Since (your husband's name), isn't going to do anything about it, I'm telling you to treat me with respect or get out of our house!!"

When your husband hears you telling his best friend that he's too afraid to confront him himself, he's gonna feel about an inch tall. And his best friend will think lower of him as well. I know that's not your intention, but it's a good way of letting your husband know how you feel about this guy indirectly and that you mean to stop it.

Another thing, your husband isn't thinking about the effects on the kids. When they see Daddy letting Mommy get abused, ( Cause it is Abuse ), they are going to think it's ok for them to do the same to you and more than likely, to their future spouse.

Tell you husband to get a spine!

Good Luck,

Moose