The Positive Side.....

mywife'smanalways

There has been much posted on this forum in the way of problems, situations, pain and anguish.

I think it would be great to see some postings that reflect some of the wonderful spouses and SO's that

are out there.......so I will put my keyboard where my mouth is (alright, wise guys).

My wife and I have been married for 9 and 1/2 years. We have had many trials and struggles along the way,

but she has been a helper, encourager, lover, and very best friend in more ways than I can possibly list here.

She has been kind and supportive through all, but has never failed to 'tell it like it is' when candy coating would have been much easier, and she has more than filled the desires of my heart in the bedroom.

She knows that I post here, and has browsed a little. My love, if you are reading this, you have my unabashed admiration and my love for as long I live and beyond. Brian

How sweet! :D It is very nice to see some positive stuff every now and then :)

Funny that you posted this. I was thinking about doing the same thing yesterday. Sometimes, after reading the posts on here, it seems as if everyone's marriage must be horrible, and that a good marriage must not be possible.

My husband and I have been married about 10 years. We've had our ups and downs, mostly due to things that have happened with our children, but I think we have a wonderful marriage. I feel blessed to have him in my life.

He has truly made me a better person. I used to get upset about little picky things, but he never would take the bait and get in an argument about those things. I finally realized that those things were so unimportant, and not worth upsetting our relationship over. He is always kind, respectful, and considerate, and I try my best to be the same.

There are still a few things that drive me crazy sometimes about him, like I wish he would talk more, but his positive qualities more than make up for any shortcomings he might have. I had a very bad first marriage, and because I had made such a huge mistake in that one, I really took stock of myself afterwards, and figured out what I wanted in a husband, and what I wanted out of life. Then when my husband came along, I was able to realize that he was the type of man I was looking for. I don't know if I would have appreciated him so much though, if I hadn't had that bad first marriage.

He also appreciates me for who I am, and gives me "space" to be an individual, I think this is so important too. I can't imagine my life without him, and I hope I never have to.

Good Idea, my favorit thing to do is brag on my marriage!!! :D

I married my wife when I was 19 years old and still in college. When I met her she was one of the biggest partiers I ever met and very flirtatious with the guys. I don't know how I knew, but I could tell that the person she was acting like wasn't really her true nature at all. We started having a relationship, ( I was 17 ), and we dated off and on for a couple years while I was still in school. She would never slow down and it seemed she'd never settle her behind down with all the parties and everything. So I came up with this plan to get her pregnant. ( I know what you're thinking ). Well, it worked!! She finally stopped the partying, smoking, everything all cold turkey!!! ( I have no idea how anyone can do that!!!! ) <<<< BUT >>>> She didn't want to have anything to with me at all! Except be the child's Father.

Needless to say, I was very, very disappointed and heart broken. I prayed earnestly every day that she'd come around. When in time she wouldn't, I began to date again. One day, ( In her third Trimester ), she came over to visit for a few minutes and caught me with my girlfriend. That was all it took!!! She saw what my girlfriend looked like and I guess she got REAL jealous. Next thing I know, I'm dumping my girlfriend and getting engaged to Carole. I know this all sounds mean of me.....but the story continues....

We got married on December 12, 1988 and had our first Son on January 12th!!!! Talk about time to grow up and take some responsibilty!!! I finished college while welding for a company just a few blocks from our mobile home. I had to do some settling down myself and I wasn't really ready to do so. I would leave her and the boy at home while me and my buddies went out and partied most of the night, get up at 5 am and do it all again. This went on for probably our first 5 years of marriage, ( We had another son during that time too ). Well needless to say, I became a full blown alchoholic and druggie.....she never left me, she complained and was upset and angry a lot, but never gave up on me.

After college and I got my degree, I finally got a better paying job. Still drinking but not out all night anymore. After buying new vehicles and a house, she became tolerable of me. It wasn't that she didn't care, she was just numb to the fact I was destroying my body. I was providing well for the family and I guess she thought it wasn't her place to say or do anything.

Well, to make a long story short, a few DWI's and going to AA and dying in my living room from an overdose.....I woke up. Needless to say, I got help after I got out of the hospital and now I suffer from permanant heart damage. And guess where she is? Yep, right here by my side.

We have five wonderfull kids now, a beutifull home on acerage that is paid for, and will be celebrating our 16th anniversary in December. I don't know where I would be right now if it wasn't for that woman!!! Well, I do, but I'm so thankfull that she never left me. She is the strongest person I know, and I can't imagine life without her. She will truly have her rewards in heaven, and I will be fortunate enough to be cleaning the toilets up there, if they have any.

We have been through a lot, and like I said, I don't think I could bare life without her. She is the best and I will never forsake her for another!!! I love you Carole!!!

Dennis

• Author
mywife'smanalways

Please, by all means, keep the good ones coming. I think this could really be a help to those that are needing some positive examples and reinforcement. It warms my heart to read these........ :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Good post this.

Sure there are good and successful marriages, why in Australia according to the Bureau of Statistics barely half of all marriages dont end in divorce.

Jack ;)