Am I doomed to a life of being alone?

I have been married for 27 years and our last child just left the nest. I love my wife very much but she does not make time for us. She is just not emotionally available or physically due to her second shift work schedule. She does not have to work as I can provide for us. She just started working last year for the fist time since we have been married.

How can I get my wife to change jobs? I am tired of sitting home alone evenings. I want to be able to go for walks and enjoy time together with my wife. I do most of the chores around the house as she stays up when she gets home watching TV and sleeps in until time to go back to work.

We have great physical relationship on her day off once a week. Her days off are not on the weekend when I am off.

She says she does not think she can get a job where she can be off on weekends and that she likes her job. I don’t think she is seeing anyone, and I don’t want to open my heart to the possibility of someone filling the place my wife should be.

Am I doomed to a life of being alone?

Used-up

Darkangelism

No, once your child is out of the house, the double incomes probably will not be required, so one of you quits and you have time for yourselves.

I totally understand all about conflicting work schdules and it is depressing at times. Are you fiancially stable? Are you close to retirement? Maybe one of you could consider working only part time. Your wife probably is feeling unneeded now that you have an empty nest, and working for the first time in 27 years is probably what is making her feel useful.

I don't think that she is having an affair, other wise you probably wouldn't be having your once a week togetherness. Talk to her tell her how you feel. You'll probably find that she is feeling uneeded. Do a search on empty nest syndrome.

It will give you a little more info. http://search.csmonitor.com/durable/1998/10/21/p56s1.htm