Losing my Love. HELP!

I got married in September last year and my wife left on April 3rd this year. We usually get along fine but I have an anger and control issue. I hit my wife before we got married and she left to stay with her Dad. I started going to church and I was changing. After a while, I felt like I was okay so I missed a few services and the problem resurfaced.

My wife and I noticed the difference when I was going to church and praying. On the 2nd of April we got in a fight, her Dad called shortly after, she told him, and he booked her a ticket to come back home the same day. Home for her is 14 hours away. He told her "a man who hits you will always hit you". I am back in church and I am getting therapy now. I am generally an alright guy and my wife says if I didn't have this problem we would be okay.

Since I have this problem, I am facing divorce and I lose my two and three year old in the process. I don't want to have this problem so I'm getting help but I think it's too late. Is it?

ThisGirlNameKD

If your wife left two weeks ago, I think it's alittle too early to talk about reconciliation. I know you don't want to lose her, but right now you're feeling guilt, and you just want that guilt to go away. You have a serious problem and it's going to take alot of time to treat it. Hitting your wife is something you did repeatedly, and if your wife decides to get back with you, you have to show her over an extended period of time that you have changed.

• Author

thanks for the insight. My wife calls each day and I am really focused on change, not to get her back, but because it is needed. violence is an ugly thing no matter how mild it may seem. I am not rushing my wife's return if there will ever be one, I am just doing what is important for self improvement to prevent any further hurt for anyone. Thank you again.