Whos Jealous?? Me or Him??

marriagesucks

What are the traits of a jealous wife??

I dont allow my husband to go out with the opposite sex without me around. Only because he expects the same of me.

He flirts with females alot, whether Im around or not, and I suspect he has cheated on me beore (which he denies), so I really dont like the idea of him having female friends (and he always emailed his female friends before he went to his hometown saying 'hopefully we can hook up' somewhere along the lines.

Other than that, I have no obejections. Does this qualify me as being jealous. Mu husband tells me Im jeaous. I disagree.

ThisGirlNameKD

My husband doesn't go out with the opposite sex without me either. Neither do I go out with the opposite sex without him. That's all good. But be careful, what you maybe reading as being flirtatious is just him being friendly or charming. Some people are like that and they don't have any ulterior motives.

Also, your husband should be allowed to have female friends and you should have male friends. As long as the relationships do not cross any boundaries, it's find to have friends of the opposite sex.

Its seems you are very controlling of your husband's life. There are some trust issues. It sounds like the Jerry Springer show come to life. I see the seeds of unhappiness starting to flower for you. I sense some underlying disatisfaction, perhaps you and your husband are not working hard enough at the relationship, and so bitterness and resent are about to amount their attack in the form of behavior that is full of hurtfullness, deceit and betrayal. Start communicating with your husband before he does something stupid.

Gender fraternization restrictions send a clear message: I don't trust you.

• Author
marriagesucks
Originally posted by ThisGirlNameKD

My husband doesn't go out with the opposite sex without me either. Neither do I go out with the opposite sex without him. That's all good. But be careful, what you maybe reading as being flirtatious is just him being friendly or charming. Some people are like that and they don't have any ulterior motives.

Also, your husband should be allowed to have female friends and you should have male friends. As long as the relationships do not cross any boundaries, it's find to have friends of the opposite sex.

i agree with you KD.

Originally posted by capitald

Its seems you are very controlling of your husband's life. There are some trust issues. It sounds like the Jerry Springer show come to life. I see the seeds of unhappiness starting to flower for you. I sense some underlying disatisfaction, perhaps you and your husband are not working hard enough at the relationship, and so bitterness and resent are about to amount their attack in the form of behavior that is full of hurtfullness, deceit and betrayal. Start communicating with your husband before he does something stupid.

Half of what you say is true, half of it isnt. See, my story is too long for me to post, so therefore, you wont know all the details. But if you actually had a chance to witness my marriage, you would definately realize that I am not controlling of my husband. I must admit, when it comes to the opposite sex, I dont make the rules, he does. And all I do is try to follow them as best as I see fit and ask that he follow them as well. I am a firm believer in him not doing what he doesnt expect or want me to do. In other words I expect him not to be a double standard-hypocrit. I can trust myself enough to know that I can have a male friend for years and never have sex with him, no matter how attracted to him I am. I trust myself just that much. If I do something that isnt supposed to be done in my marriage, its because I made the conscious decision to do so.

Yes we do have trust issues. They started when we first got together, I just didnt realize it until now. When we first got together my husband always accused meof cheating and he always checked my cell phone history, followed me aroung while I was talking on the phone, and then interrogate me after I got off. I knew then he didnt trust me, I didnt think it would escalate this far.

And I'm offended by that Jerry Springer statement. My marriage is far from Jerry Springer material!!!

Yes I am unhappy. I try to look and act happy, but its hard to do. Everyone sees it. The stinch is in my clothes (figure of speech). I think Ive worked hard at this marriage, I dont think my husband has. Our underlying disatisfaction has alreadt surafced. Weve already been in physical fights. Ive tried communicating with him. He blows me offmost of the time. Weve both already done 'stupid' things.

Originally posted by dyermaker

Gender fraternization restrictions send a clear message: I don't trust you.

I agree with you. I also thinks hes insecure. Or maybe he does love me and is scared someone will take me away from him. Or maybe he doesnt love me and wants me to be on him like white on rice (wants to control my every move). Hopefully its none of the above.