My husband sits with an ex-lover!

catspajamas

My husband was sitting at a large round table alone with his ex-lover, he was reading the newspaper and she was reading over his shoulder. She seemed comfortably close to him :( He claims he didn't notice her so much.

I can't get that horrific image out of my head! Am I over-reacting?

He is not the cheating type. Infidelity disgusts him. He is quite loving to me and does not understand the harm in the situation.

Why do I find myself wanting to give her a piece of my mind? Should I? Is it proper for me to tell her that her being that physically close to my husband is disrespectful? Advice please[font=courier new][/font]

Umm....he was just reading and she was reading over his shoulder? That's what you're upset about?

I don't think that's anything to worry about whatsoever, nor to be upset about, but that's just me. If she was in his LAP reading the paper, yeah, that'd be bad, but...as it was...I dunno. No big deal to me.

Hmmm....I'd have to know more about the situation. Where was this taking place and what was she doing there in the first place? If she just happened to show up somewhere that he was, and he truly didn't notice her, than I would say just leave it alone. Sometimes a negative reaction just adds fuel to the fire and doesn't make anything better. At the very least, you've told him that it made you uncomfortable to see that. Let him know that you would like it if he would tell her to get lost in the future. :)

It would depend on the circumstances. More likely than not, I would've said something at the time or went and sat in his lap...looking up at her in an EVIL glare!!!! :laugh:

My husband is 1 of those people that keeps his ex's around... It seriously bothered me at first but my problem was never with the girls... it was with him because he's the one that was out of line. I know for a fact that he has never and never will in his life EVER cheat on me... and oddly enough, his 1 serious ex is now 1 of my closest and dearest friends now....

BUT my point (now that I'm done rambling) is that if you have a problemn with it, and you have every right to, it's a problem with him, not her.

• Author
catspajamas

The situation was:

They work in a restaraunt together. They were off of work eating their food. He had no idea that I was going to show up. He knows how I feel about this woman, I think she still has feelings for him. She was leaning in quite a bit towards him.

• Author
catspajamas

she also tries to get him to go to parties without me... he doesn't go. But it urks me a little that she won't stop trying.

I'm glad to hear that you were jealous of the situation....shows your love for him. I know that my wife would be a little upset if it were me, thus, I avoid doing or allowing things like that. Just tell him....it sounds like you can talk to him....I don't think that it's all his fault either, ( Sorry Juggs ), some women just won't leave you alone no matter what you say to them....not to brag but I still have stalkers that try to get to me.....even with warnings from my wife they'll come right up to me in Wally World or anywhere in public. My wife gets upset...but not at me.

• Author
catspajamas

Problem: he has sat at a table alone with her before, about one year ago, so is this just a slip up or am I just paranoid thinking he likes all the attention?

Well...if they work together and you had anything to worry about....chances are her reading the paper over his shoulder would be the least of your problems.

Since he is being honest with you about he flirtings and trying to get him to go places without you....then I'ld put my trust in him and let this one situation go.

Like I said in another post though....if she kept persuing my man....I would have to have some private words with her in the parking lot.

• Author
catspajamas

I am not a violent person but her persistence is making wonder what it would feel like to slap her silly :p

Well Hell Girl....you had a whole newspaper there....why didn't you bop her over the head with it while asking "Can you read it NOW????".

I'm not exaggerating either. I believe in....you mess with my man....you pay the price.

Now, if he was in a bar alone and some woman who didn't know either one of us flirted with him...I wouldn't even care. But if a woman KNOWS he's mine and decides to go there.....I'm up for the challenge.