At a loss for

I've been married nearly three years and it seems that my marriage has only gotten worse.

My husband does not like going anywhere, so we hardly go out... Even for family events, he refuses to go and unfortunately, I can't attend as well.

And if I spend a little money on myself and I tell him, it's like world war 3.

I've voiced my opinions on our marriage, only to be told it's my fault and what would he do without me?

He always loved to reiterate how no one else will love or deal with me the way he does.

The only thing holding me back from getting a divorce is my son...

I'm not saying I've been a saint; hell, I'm just as wrong as he is. But something's gotta give.

Sounds like it is time to tell him how serious you are about the potential for divorce. Tell him you want to go to marriage counseling. If he refuses, tell him it's MC or you're filing for divorce. The ball is in his court. If he doesn't take this seriously or respond appropriately, then you'll know what kind of marriage you can continue to expect. If you do nothing, you can expect him to keep up the same behaviors. He either doesn't know how seriously you need things to cha ge or he doesn't care. The ultimatum will help you find out which is the case.

• Like 1

Sounds to me like you married "Mr Right" and that he is right all of the time. I don't think that he respects you or values your thoughts and feelings. It sounds like a power struggle in which he know best and that you should towe the line.

He needs to know that you love him, but wont stand for his crap. What you choose to do is up to you but this spells divorce if not dealt with.

• Like 2

whole lotta red flags popping up here, and while I am a huge advocate for marriage, all bets are off when it comes to signs of abusive behavior.

suggest the marriage counseling ... fingers crossed, he'll be open to it because he sees it as a way to enrich your relationship ... though I honestly won't hold my breath, because the last thing an abusive personality wants is an equality in the marriage.

if your attempts to help the marriage go unanswered, and he continues to respond to you this way, I'm thinking it's time to consider a life without him. Because the last thing your child wants or needs is to see his daddy emotionally, psychologically, physically or sexually abusing his mama ~ you owe it to HIM to raise him in a healthy environment, even it it means getting out of a marriage that doesn't seem to be getting better ...

• Like 1
  • Author

He refuses marriage counseling. If we go, he will listen, but then when we're home he will change and say the counselor didn't know what he was talking about... :/

I managed to pull through 10 years with a hb like yours. Question, do you want to live your life the way it is now or do you want to get out of it and have friends again. For me doesn't look like your hb will ever change. He is a born accuser and likes to live in seclusion. God forbid you want to have a little fun.