Ladies, what makes you want your man?

Thought I would take a pole and see what types of responses I get.

When you think about your marriage and your Husband, what makes you want him? What does he do, or what kind of person is he that makes you yearn for him late at night (or early in the morning, for that matter...)?

lol! leave my pole alone!

he's perfect even in his imperfections. he thinks even the most simple things are funny: my daily quota of laughter has tripled since i've met him. i would like to serve him every meal; i've never felt so labourious for anyone before. i have to marry him because no room is too small nor any imprisonment too long, for us.

man, that was inanely gushy. i will deny later. :laugh:

I don't have a man, nor am I sure I want another one. BUT.....when I did... it was in the way I felt when we were together. Just the way he would slant his head and smile at me like I was incorrigible child.....would cause me to swoon. I can't think of anything about him which I didn't find incredibly sexy.

He makes me laugh, he makes me cry, we so often are on the same wavelength and bring up a topic the other was thinking or complete a sentence......I want to do things for him, with him....I enjoy his company, love sleeping with him and being around him......this probably sounds so corny......but it's all those things you hope can happen in a relationship and when it finally does (I've been married before and never felt this).........you're like "I'm home". I guess that sums it up, I feel like I'm home when I'm with him. This is where I belong.

I don't have a man, either..but about the one man I really fell in love with, he brought out the very best in me. He made me feel like the most beautiful woman in the world and liked me just the same when I was sick, in sweatpants, with a red nose, puffy eyes as he did when I was wearing a beautiful dress with my hair and makeup done. He looked at me with so much admiration and love in his eyes. He gave me goosebumps, took my breath away and never ceased to amaze me with his selflessness and good heart. He was the kind of man that you search for all your life, and few were lucky to come across. He was the man that women speak of when they say "when you find a guy like that, don't ever let go."

End of my rope

everything about him...his smile when he cracks a corny joke...he mussed up hair first thing in the morning...the way his blue eyes sparkle when he's excited...the way he smells...the way he looks at me...the serenity I find in his arms...the fact that he cooks for me once a week...his laugh...the way he makes me laugh when nobody else can...our souls are connected and he is the most wonderful man on the face of this planet...

My man is the most respectful, considerate man I've ever met. He always thinks of me as he would himself. He's so goofy he's funny. He sometimes knows my thoughts b4 I do. When ever I loose something he knows where it is. We complete each other. Most of the time we have the same opinions and on the rare occasion that we have opposing ideas we are able to compromise, if not we agree to disagree. In almost 7 years we've argued I think all of about 3 times. He is the love of my life.

P.S. He cooks and does laundry. :love:

He's intelligent, kind, quiet publicly but passionate in private, we enjoy the same musical and literary interests and discuss them for hours. He enjoys talking long walks with me at night. He considers me his best friend, as I do him--we amicably disagree on rare occasions. He sincerely wants to do things for my happiness and well being. He is one of the most compassionate people I have ever met, he doesn't hate or have envy of others. He is comfortable with who he is, doesn't brag or bs.

Physically? His rough looks are at a contrast with his temperment, and he has a great chest, arms and hands.

Walking into the living room to find him asleep on the couch :D I wanna wake him up, and make him come to bed :rolleyes:

Bella, if you had a man like that, why did you let him go? And does he have a brother?

I got a man, but is about to become single again. The one I got right now was my friend before we started dating. He has the exact same twisted humor as I do, works in the same field so he understands when I gripe about work and long hours, caring, tolerant of my demanding and often unreasonable parents, and is generally fun to be around. Unfortunately it seems like we're better off as friends and our vision of what marriage and a wife's duties are too different. Not to mention he's so gun shy from his former relationships (he dated two horrible trampy women and was actually engaged to one of them) that he refuse to take the next step with me. At 29 years old and already 2 years into this relationship, I don't think I want to hang around until he either gets over his issues or finally realize I'm the one. Oh to make things worse, we officially moved in a year ago so he can saved up money to buy a ring, now that he has the money he's dragging his feet.

I feel like its me and him against the world.

We pretty much are the same person. I'm the dependant side and he is the confident and protecting side. We agree on the lifestyle we want (Select few friends, no kids, just a dog =p) and what we need from each other.

Tazmagurl

Originally posted by asiangirl

Bella, if you had a man like that, why did you let him go? And does he have a brother?

We had different plans for the future. I want kids someday, and he doesn't. :( and yes he does have a brother, but he's married.

Bella,

That's just a shame. Does he not want children because he already had some or he just simply don't like kids? And isn't it a shame that it's a perfect relationship except for that one thing? I can completely relate, we're the perfect couple except for that future together thing.

catspajamas

I want my husband because he is my perfect compliment. His hands are strong, his heart is warm. He makes me laugh. He makes my life more meaningful. He is tons of fun.

He is beautiful. His chocolate eyes are framed by long eyelashes. When he hugs me I can feel his coarse hair against my body. He is masculine by all definitions. He gets a musky smell and the end of the day and I just want to dip him in sugar and eat him up!

Thank You for asking. It is nice, after reading some pretty heart hardening stories, to soften things up a bit and remember how wonderful love can be!

It also REEEEEEEEEEALLY makes me want him when I see him cooking :)

Actually, when I went home for lunch today (he's on vacation this week) He was taking the trash out just as I was leaving, I stood in the doorway, and watched him bending over the edge of the porch, trying to stuff the trash in the can. Then when he put the lid on, it kind of collapsed and fell in, so he just gave up, and came back inside...I don't know what it was about it that was just so comforting! It was so sweet! I started laughing, and had to put my arms around him and give him a big kiss. He was trying to figure out what was so funny! I think I was laughing, because I love him so much, and it just made me so overfilled with joy watching him take the trash out...I can't explain it :p

I also want him when I watch him play with our little dog. To see such a big fine man romping with a little yorkie just warms my heart. I also want him when he gives the dog a bath, or trims the fur out of his eyes so he can see. I want him when he kisses me goodbye super early in the morning before going to work, to work very hard to support us.

I want my husband all the time! Everything he does makes me want him....except when he's grumpy....and sometimes, even then ;)

Originally posted by asiangirl

Bella,

That's just a shame. Does he not want children because he already had some or he just simply don't like kids? And isn't it a shame that it's a perfect relationship except for that one thing? I can completely relate, we're the perfect couple except for that future together thing.

He doesn't have kids..and he does want them. But it was really complicated. He just couldn't. Not that he was sterile or anything like that...there were just a lot of other factors :(