I GOT THE JOb please read

OMG!!! I just got the call that I got this job I applied for. I'm getting cold feet due to the circumstances at home but I know I HAVE to take this job.

I think I will like it but this will probably add to my husbands insecurities in our marriage because I am now exposed to other people.

Im also frightened of what might happen with the house the kids and everything becoming so overwhelming for me that Im going to go out of my mind.

Two of my husbands daughters have just moved in as of yesterday. They aren't very domesticated...if you know what I mean. My 2 year old is out of control with expressing himself and I havent even started real potty training with him.

Then I have my other son who I just got custudy of that will be here for the summer every other week until September when he will be living here and going to school.

How am I gonna handle all of this responsiblity without my husbands help? Should I even bother to care?

Well you have to look at the bright side. You all of a sudden have 3 new kids in the family this is the perfect oppuntunity to asign them their own little jobs around the house. Fortunatr for you is that they haven't been around their long and are used to doing nothing. New home new rules. I don't the ages of these new children but give them jobs that are approperate for them. Don't expect them to do all the laundry if they are 6 -7, but they can bring their dirty laundry into the laudry room and put away their clean clothes. Kids will work wounders when you blackmail them with money. :o Set an allowence for chores that are don't. Make a family chart with all the kids names and the chores that you would like done, and make a price list of what each job is worth : putting clothes away 50 cents, washing dishes 50 cents, setting the table 25 cents etc. Each child can go to the chart and check off the chores that they have done and at the end of the week they will get paid. This is a very good method to teach children. If there is arguing about someone getting more money then someone else well you have the chart to show that more chores gets more money. I have seen this work with my 2 step kids and my brother's family with 5 kids.

HokeyReligions

Your husband should help! It is his home and his kids too! Have a serious discussion with him (with no interruptions) about what each of your roles are and will be. Set it up like the chore-chart for the kids if you need to. Don't forget to block some time just for you and your husband.

Don't worry -- its stressful now, but you will soon establish new routines. Congrats on the job!

WOW....I'm a clean freak and LOVE that site!!! I thought I was the only one who cleaned with deatiled lists!

Debra,

The girls may help SOME, but don't expect a miracle. I have a 14 year old who cringes at the thought of having to pick up her own underwear. Once they start inviting friends over, it can become a bigger mess than what you started with.

The msot important thing is to make chore lists for them and be ready with firm responses when the chore lists are not completed.

It' going to be tough working with a a large household of children. What chores is your husband going to chip in and help with now that you won't be home to take care of everything? (Not my business....I'm just reminding you to ask him early on....HAHA!).

Good Luck with the job if this is the one you decide to take. :)