Ladies, what is your dream proposal?

Someday soon I will be requesting the hand of my girlfriend. I would like to hear some fantasies of the married ladies out there regarding proposals. OR, did your husband propose to you in a very special way? Tell me about.

single girl again?

Seriously - just put alot of thought into it!

Fav spot, a place where you remember a special moment, song etc and pull it into a quiet, private evening. Most importantly - tell her all of the reasons why you want to spend the rest of your life - with her, and how much you value marriage. Those words, if carefully chosen, will mean more to her than any amount of roses or champagne!

GOOD LUCK :)

My husband proposed to me in a special way - that really was my "dream" proposal.

We met in college where he played football and I was a athletic trainer for the team. We made it to the play-offs that year and the first round game was at home (and we won)!!! After the game(s) everyone would go out onto the field to celebrate and at this game I was walking to the field to find my BF when I heard the announcer saying my BF's name and my name and saying that my BF was waiting for me on the 50 yard line! As I walked, I was a bit confused, but then I realized what he was going to do and I walked up to him and he got down on one knee - in front of, literally, thousands of people and proposed to me!! Of course I said yes and the crowd started cheering- it was perfect! We'll be married 4 years in July!

Now some people would prefer that a proposal be an intimate moment that is just shared by the two of you, but I will admit, I like attention, so my proposal was perfect for me. I'm sure you know what type of person you girl is, and you know if she would prefer an intimate proposal or a more public one. So start there. The one thing that means the world to any girl is that you PLAN the occasion - put some thought into it. Taking time to do something special for her, will mean everything to her and she won't be able to say no.

HokeyReligions

I don't remember my marriage proposal (I had a small stroke and that was one of the memories that was totally wiped from my mind) :(

But my ideal marriage proposal now would be for a man, laying on his hospital bed, hooked up to monitors, and wearing a respirator to hold my hand, slip a 10-ct princess cut flawless diamond on my finger and hand me a bank book and a legal document stating that as of this second all his billiions of dollars and all of his assets were mine. Then he could die while I gazed lovingly into his eyes and whispered "where are the credit cards?"

Sundaymorning

hokey- i was eating and some food flew out of my mouth cause of enormous amounts of laughter! :laugh:

Originally posted by HokeyReligions

But my ideal marriage proposal now would be for a man, laying on his hospital bed, hooked up to monitors, and wearing a respirator to hold my hand, slip a 10-ct princess cut flawless diamond on my finger and hand me a bank book and a legal document stating that as of this second all his billiions of dollars and all of his assets were mine. Then he could die while I gazed lovingly into his eyes and whispered "where are the credit cards?"

Wow, nice to meet you anna.

Originally posted by sonofhud

Wow, nice to meet you anna.

THANKS Son....now Hokey is going to have to post a pic or I'll have that thought forever associated with her. Actually, I think she is really beaitiful. Ofcourse, I'm used to looking at cheap blondes in the mirror!!! :laugh:

HokeyReligions

You know - I'm only joking. Well, half joking----a 5 ct flawless diamond would be just fine & I don't need billions--a few million would be okay too! :)

Oy, I was having a romantic moment up until Hokey's post. Thanks for snapping me out of it.

Although seriously, I'd say I'd love to be proposed to at a totally unexpected time. Taking her out to some big, fancy dinner, that just screams "Question-popping Alert!" No, don't take her out to Mickey D's, either. Maybe be just out doing something you guys do normally, and pop the question then. Just insight.

lol - mine just asked me casually, with a cartoon card he made himself. but i dig minimalism. and cartoons.

Perhaps I am in the minority, but I really wouldn't want a "Hallmark style" proposal. Just knowing that the man I loved wanted us to belong together for always would be the best possible thing. Flowers, cards, locales, etc. just wouldn't be central.

CaterpillarGirl

I think I would die of mortification if anybody ever proposed to me at a large sporting event or similar public place. Why don't you just go all the way and hire hundreds of people to scream "Marry him or face the consequences, girl!"? :p

If we're going for princess-adorable proposals, when I was like 12, I pictured myself in a flowing white nightgown in a pretty Victorian room, being awoken (with my hair beautifully curly and long) by a man kneeling by my window holding a single red rose.

Now I'd kind of like something quirky like a trip to the science museum or similar geeky thing that I love followed by a quick, "willyoumarryme?" moment. :rolleyes:

I'm all for romance and special moments...something special and unique to the two of you...when it won't be expected. Shower me in rose petals, and any other hallmark romance stuff, and I'm happy. :)

I just resently did a role reversal and proposed to my man, as most of the regulars all ready know. Anyway you are the only one that knows your girlfriend and knows what she would like. Think of something that is special to her, a special day, place, activity, etc and think of something that will make it exspecially romantic. If she likes golf, set something up at the 9th hole. Scavangers hunts are fun. Make it a whole day event spoil her all day long. Treat her to a spa, plan a picnic, go to an amusement park, or go to a museum. My point is do something that is special for her. Make it a day she will never forget. Good Luck.

• 3 months later...
CharmedDiamonds

I think my dream proposal would be when my boyfriend and I go on a cruise together. In the middle of the ocean, watching the gorgeous sunset, me wearing a little sundress type thing (hee hee). Then him getting down on one knee, and telling me why he wants to spend the rest of his life with me, then asking to marry me. ::sigh::