I found evidence!!!!

Fedup&givingup

Hey gang...Ok, so I decided to dig for something today, and I found something!!!

Although I am quite ticked, I am also happy...happy because I knew I'd find something if I looked in the right place(s).

Ok, my husband, the big sorry a$$ liar...he still has the company cell phone that he had all the while he was working out of town (the same cell that I had the strange thing happen one day when I called him, and his phone just turned on without ringing, and I heard his conversation).

I decided to take a look at it. Naturally, most of the calls made, etc. have been deleted, as he showed me all that jazz after the incredulous, debatable phone call.

Anyway, what I did discover is that he had text messaging. I didn't really know he had it, it was a company phone. I found a message on there that said, "Hi There. Moreheadhere" ROTFL!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, I don't know a thing about text messaging or how it works, so all those that are familiar with it, please do enlighten me on how it works, etc. There was a phone number after the message, and I've got all the info. It is a cell phone, and I'm having that tracked. Ok, so it's pointless in knowing who made the text, but I AM curious.

What I'd like to know is how text messaging works. Does the person have to call to do it, or do they do it from a computer, what?

All responses are well appreciated.

If you have an outbox on the phone, you can see his juicy reply.

In light of the TONS of evidence that you've racked up before this, as outlined in your inaugural post, I'd say this evidence is kinda weak.

befuddled11

Okay, I guess that txt msg could be taken 2 ways.

1) a sexual reference

2) some business / work person he knows who txt'd him, whose last name really is Morehead...but forgot to leave a space between Morehead and here.

I'd almost expect something more scandalous for a txt msg from some "other woman", no? And why txt msg when "she" could have just called, or left him a voicemail on his cell?

• Author
Fedup&givingup

Oh, I thought this was pretty incriminating LOL. Seriously, the key words that come to my mind are "There" and "Here" and the word, "More" I never once took it as someone with the last name of "Morehead", I just took it as "Hi there, more head here" as in come and get some more.

Ok, Dyer, the sent messages can't be retrieved, for some reason. This phone no longer is in service, but I don't know why I can see the received messages, but not the sent ones. The actual word "Sent items" is gray, not bold and black like the rest of the other options.

I'm not discounting this a bit, not with everything else.

I just meant that with all of the other evidence you HAD, the morehead is so ambigious that it's hardly a smoking gun. More like seeing images of your husband and his lover in the clouds.

• Author
Fedup&givingup

Ok, well thank God I have this board to turn to! I appreciate your support.

My daughter often sends me text messages directly to my email. You may be able to check email to see if the number appears there.

You can also go online and enter that number into various people searches and may get a name and even an address.

I wouldn't jump to conclusions though until I checked it out. There is no reason to upset yourself unless you know for sure.

Yep, don't jump to conclusions. It must be so tiring for you searching all the time! I hope you find what u need so you can move on in the way you would like to.

• Author
Fedup&givingup
Originally posted by Arabess

My daughter often sends me text messages directly to my email. You may be able to check email to see if the number appears there.

You can also go online and enter that number into various people searches and may get a name and even an address.

I wouldn't jump to conclusions though until I checked it out. There is no reason to upset yourself unless you know for sure.

Thanks, Arabess. I already looked into the number, and it came from another cell phone. I called, and that phone/number wasn't taking any calls. No voice mail, either, so I don't know if it's been disconnected. I would think it would have said something as such.

Now, in checking the e-mail, are you saying that the phone number would be in the e-mail? I don't mean to sound like a complete dud, but I am completely confused. I know that text messaging has to do with e-mail, but I'm not familiar with how it works.

I have submitted the cell # that the message came from, and I will get the results from that in 24 hours. It's not going to be anyone I know, I already know that. That was really pointless, but I figured I'd do it anyway.

Thanks a lot!

• Author
Fedup&givingup
Originally posted by Thinkalot

Yep, don't jump to conclusions. It must be so tiring for you searching all the time! I hope you find what u need so you can move on in the way you would like to.

How about my CPA license LOL

Yes, the text message sender shows up in email with the phone number as the address. You can send back and forth as easily on a computer as with the phone.

I really don't think you will have any problem finding a name even though the phone is disconnected.

After I found out a number could be traced so easily with an address provided, due to having kids online, I put a block on mine.....but with most numbers you can just go into Google and type the number.

Originally posted by Arabess

I put a block on mine.....but with most numbers you can just go into Google and type the number.

I thought this was residential, I don't think cell phone companies are so inclined to list them to Google, I could be wrong.

• Author
Fedup&givingup
Originally posted by dyermaker

I thought this was residential, I don't think cell phone companies are so inclined to list them to Google, I could be wrong.

You're right, Dyer. Anything having to do with cell phones are restricted. It's basically an unlisted number.

Originally posted by Fedup&givingup

You're right, Dyer. Anything having to do with cell phones are restricted. It's basically an unlisted number.

Yeah, I checked with my dad to make sure--he works for a major cellular phone company.

I've yet to find a free search engine for identifying cell phone numbers. If anyone knows different, clue us both in, it'd make life easier.