BF being insensitive - AHH!

Long time lurker - first time poster, so bare with me. Heh.

I've been in a relationship for 6 months with this guy who I'm immensly feeling for. I know he really cares about me too. We talk just about everyday (phone, online) and find time to see eachother, usually find a couple of days to do something together. Sometimes we don't.

And thats the part that really bothers me.

Given, we're both busy beavers (I'm in film, he's in University, pt job) so sometimes seeing eachother every week is not humanly possible. I'm cool with that.

But I seem to be gathering a vibe of insensitivity from him. Lately, it seems whenever he wants to do something, we do it. But when I ask to do something, he says "Oh maybe!" or "I'm working all weekend babe."

But I'm not asking for a whole day together. Just a couple hours. A meal or a movie or something. It's not rocket science.

Par examp: Last weekend, we were supposed to do something on Saturday Night. The good ol' excuses came into play on Friday night, after we already made definite plans like on Wednesday. At the time, I got really mad and hung up the phone in his ear.

We talked the next morning (he was at work) and said he wanted to go out that night. But instead of going to the movies, we just sat in his car, chilled and had a coffee or two. That's great - I love chatting.

During the conversation he told me Friday night, he ended up going to downtown, to the movies, a resturant and everything with his friends.

Leading me to another conclusion: He can go do nice things with his friends at whim, but for me, it's sitting in a car, at the last minute at his discretion.

I'm just getting to my wit's end of this crap. It's been going on for a couple months now. I am sympathetic to the over-worked, all homework schoolboy (I've been there myself) but there comes a point when enough is enough.

What should I do? Am I overreacting?