Death in family...

sofrustrated25

Now I'm struggling again with my husbands inability to be compassionate despite the fact that I told him last week that we were near divorce because of it.

My grandfather is in another state. He was admitted to the hospital and is very ill. Got the last rights... And is now going into hospice.

How would most spouses deal with that???? What should I expect?

I'd expect you to take time from work, make a journey for a sad visit.

Surely I'd express my sympathys to you and I'd offer to handle domestic responsibilities in your absence.

Not quite sure what you expect but this is all about your expectations.

What others would do has no effect on your marriage.

• Author
sofrustrated25

He doesn't think it's necessary for me to go until the funeral. He also hasn't even asked about him.

Am I wrong to find this inconsiderate?

Ya know, you need to do what's best for you. If you deem a visit now is your desire, travel now. I'm not getting the "inconsiderate" angle here. Men don't get all excited about baby showers or other such events. Women often don't get excited or involved in the opening day of hunting season.

Not equating those events to a decline in health with imminent death.

Do what you feel is appropriate and cease the focus on him.

Who is the bread winner? Do you have plenty of money to go? Sometimes men think of these things in costs and more trips. Maybe go when he is suck, then come back. Go again when he is sicker then come back. Then go again for a funeral etc. This adds up to lots of money.