When you discover you have different needs, what do you do then?

Wolvesbaned

corythosaurus, I was so touched with what you wrote in another post that I have to ask: "What happens when two people discover they have different needs?"

I've quoted corythosaurus below: It's touching, no?

"She was and is my best friend. She makes me laugh. She makes me melt with a simple look, she lifts me up with an easy touch, she understands my needs, wants, and desires, and willingly travels with me on the road to fulfilling them together.

She is my better half. I am better because of her." http://www.loveshack.org/forums/t33718/15-2

If you discover you have different needs? What then? Any comments would be appreciated :)

When needs are different and neither one is willing to make compromises for the sake of the other, then, personally, I would simply walk away and move on.

Oh, by the way, needs can be different but met with respect and understanding from other partner. In this case, things could work out.

Each person should write down a list of his or her needs to feel loved and present them to one another. This way both parties understand one another. Compromise is not that difficult once there is an understanding. My wife and I are putting together a list of 25 needs.