My husband lied to me about an event, told me he couldn't bring a guest

I would like to hear your opinions about a situation I am having.

My husband and I have dated for 3 years. We recently got married last August.

He is not currently working because he is studiying full time. I am taking care of all the spenses in the house.

I want to help him finish his studies. We both have one child from previous marriages.

Now, hes got a lot going on with school, but also is a member of a motorcycle association which takes a lot of his time. Our weekdays go fast. I work, goes to school, during night he estudies. On the weekends, he wants to go to the activities in the motorcycle club. He does not like to take me there, but just ocaccionally.

I have refused to wacth his son if he is going to the club. I do not ask him to stay home taking care of the kids for me to go out. Therefore, I do not believe he should do the same. TO ME THIS IS A PROBLEM WICH I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO RESOLVE.

But just recently I found a letter on this office of an scholarship re received in where he is asked to participate in a ceremony and a breaskfast. WHEN He mentioned this to me last week, asked him weather he was allowed to take a gest with him and he said no. He laid.

What do you think of that?????

I think he's full of crap! Here you are supporting him financially and babysitting while he goes out....and he doesn't do you the honor of attending an important function with him???

I would confront him in the middle of the BIG garage sale with all his motorcyle toys up for grabs to the highest bidder. LOL!

I'm laughing....cause I would probably DO THAT! In your case though.....I guess you are going to have to confront him and work something out. Obviously, something is wrong in your marriage and it needs to be resolved as soon as possible.

feeling silly

Okay, don't take offence, but you must have meant "lied" instead of "laid".

On that note, if he lied about not being able to invite someone, maybe he had a good reason. Dont' freak out too soon, that's something I would do. Maybe he wanted to suprise you somehow with it. Then again, maybe not. I can only suggest that you confront him nicely about the issue. If a man feels like he's being attacked he's only going to defend himself with equal force. Be calm and good luck. Oh by the way, make sure you truely want to know his reason. Sometimes we don't always hear what we want to hear.

• Author

Thanks.

I am very sad.

He obviously does not value me. It's sad to realize that the person you have chosen to live with the rest your life with does not value you.

How can I trust him? I have to make a decision which will honor myself. Its just so hard

Originally posted by Tony

Why don't you ask him to explain why he lied...then get laid.

Nope. Go straight and ask if he lied so that he could get laid with someone somewhere?

• Author
Originally posted by Dora

Nope. Go straight and ask if he lied so that he could get laid with someone somewhere?

I like yours better

HAHA Crbelljn......at least you are trying to have a good sense of humor over the whole thing. :D

When are you going to confront him about it?

ps: Your English is just fine. It's MUCH better than mine after I've had a few beers....which would be the case if I didn't have to work tomorrow! :(

feeling silly

Crbelljn,

I have to agree that your english is just fine. I have a tendency to put my foot in my mouth. My apologies. Oh and I hope things work out for you.....just prepare yourself for what you may hear from him.