Need SOMETHING GOOD.

OK, you all know I am new here. I have been browsing. Asking some questions here, offering my opinion there. Pissing off some folks here and there. I like the idea of this Forum; it seems to help when people have a place to vent. Also they are able to collect not a few useful suggestions.

Problem for me is that it can be f*cking depressing! Lots o' hurt going on out there, folks! Man, I feel for you people out there. Just plain ol' everyday life can even be tough. Then add some real trouble...

OK, here is where I am going with this:

I have to go for the day now, but I am going to ask a question, and I had better see lots of answers (except from Doniker; I don't need THOSE kind of detailsd ;)) WHat is your favorite aspect of your spouse or SO? Either a story or a trait or something he/she did. Whatever. What I am after here is SOMETHING GOOD.

In my case, I love watching my wife wrestle with my youngest boy. She is a real rough-houser. They call each other goofy names and she tickles the crap out of him. He screeches and laughes like crazy. Then he tickles her and she laughs and laughs, then throws him around the bed couch or floor. It is truly touching to watch. While I am extremely close to my kids, I don't do much of this. It is kind of her thing. She used to wrestle the older one, but he's 12 now, and well, that just wouldn't do.

So... let's hear it.

well, i'm gonna get off the keyboard and join my family (sons 9 and 7, daughter 1) for a dinner of leafovers.

And I'm thrilled to death! REALLY.

It's the simple things that make the journey through space on this mudball worthwhile. We'd better enjoy while we can.

• Author

Man, now I feel like a doofus!

OK, minor difference: I just asked for one, not a list...

Gee that other thread sure is long...

And recent...

*sigh*

OK, just go tell me to read the other one.

And here I thought you'd be happy because you wanted to read some nice stories... just no pleasing some people :p

• Author

You get me wrong. It is true all I wanted was some good stories to patch me up a little. And that thread worked just fine. :)

I was just trying to make a little joke out of it :p

Originally posted by Benedict

(except from Doniker; I don't need THOSE kind of detailsd ;))

what do you mean by this?

are you referring to my wife's weight? her sexual fantasies?

what's your problem dude? you think that's all I can talk about?

Well Benedict, I DO understand that lots of people in here post their problems....but that's pretty much what this forum is all about. If you are part of the 'Shackers'....chances are you've been dumped at some point or something in your life just sucks. I think it's very representative of all the other people you work with or hang out with. Everyone has a story. It's interesting and entertaining to swap them.

Along the way you make friends and feel a part of a pretty cool group of people.

...Samson hasn't posted one YET that didn't make me laugh like hell.......

ONE GOOD THING POST: It rained today. I love rain days because I don't have to stay at work. I am currently putting on radar reflective tiles on Navy ships and we can't do it when it's wet. That's my high point of the day....and I'm VERY happy about it. :):):)

If I was living in Florida I would be happy no matter what the weather!

Hopefully I will be moving to Orlando sometime in 2005 if my wife's job transfer goes though.

I hate cold Ohio!!

You live in a great place Arabess. My sister in law lives near you; down the A1A south in St. Augustine.

We will be there in July for vacation.

Ahhh Doniker....St Augustine is called "God's Own Country" for good reason. It's a BEAUTIFUL area! I live a little over an hour north.....where the A1A ferry crosses over to Fernandina....right at Mayport Naval Station. I'm about 1/4 mile from the beach. We seem to get our fair share of wind, rain and the occasional hurricane scare.....but all in all....it's a great place to live! (my son wore shorts to school today)

LOL!

I love St. Augustine. We vacationed there last year and my kids were on a quest to move there for quite a while.

We live further south and it is too damn hot and congested here.

That's why I want to live in Orlando; less hurricane damage.

My father in law lived on the ocean in Beaufort, SC for many years and dealt with them hurricanes.

Shorts...that's great. well there is a heat wave today in cleveland...it's going all the way up to 35 degrees.

it got down to -7 Saturday morning....gotta love it.

My favorite thing is that my husband takes such good care of me :)

He stopped at the grocery store yesterday (I usually do it, and I HATE IT).

I opened the fridge this morning, and found all my favorite foods. I opened the cabinet, and *gasp* he had bought the RIGHT CAMBELLS SOUP! Every person I've ever asked to get soup for me buys the wrong stuff.....20% of the time, I even grab the wrong stuff. He had bought the right soup though :)

He pays so much attention to things like that. My mom even mentioned when we were dating and newly married that he seems to watch over me. She said she kept catching him watching me put up orniments when we visited for Christmas.

I hate to be treated like a little kid, but I like being protected and cared for, and no one has ever took care of and protected me the way my husband does :love:

Well here is a story for you.... I love everything about my husband. He is a wonderful man. An awsome father and a hard worker. He cooks for me almost everynight and helps with the kids and house work. We have a wonderful sex life and compromise with all our problems. Now guess what he has lied to me about an affair for the last year to spare my feelings. FYI the affair was 4 different times. If this never happened I WOULDN"T BE HERE !!!! I need to believe that there is hope in forgiving and beliving that this marriage can work.

• 3 weeks later...

Yoda says:

"Disappointed you are? Not finding the good in people you seek. Evil you should look for then, hmmm? Is is not an easier thing to find?"

Seriously though, bad imitation aside, there really is a lot of good in this world. You have to look for it, and it's not always where you expect it should be. Evil is just everywhere, man. You don't have to turn your head a notch to be reminded of the degradation of man and the outrages we perpetuate upon each other. It's really tempting to wallow in it and be pessimistic, rather than looking for the good in life (and creating your own if you don't find any handy).

Originally posted by Benedict

I have to go for the day now, but I am going to ask a question, and I had better see lots of answers (except from Doniker; I don't need THOSE kind of detailsd ;)) WHat is your favorite aspect of your spouse or SO? Either a story or a trait or something he/she did. Whatever. What I am after here is SOMETHING GOOD.

So... let's hear it.

Kinda late on this post but wanted to share a good thing with someone.

My H and I are recovering from his affair that lasted 2 months last year...we are about 5 months into recovery so things are still up and down. He is in the recovery process fully but if it takes time (about 2 years they say!) for complete recovery. Anyways, here is my story:

This morning H and I were ready to leave for work about the same time. As I was walking out after kissing him, he says, "I just want to check the back door to be sure its locked. I'll talk to you later." So I leave. My drive to work is about a 1/4 mile (4 minutes). OW's house is only a few blocks away. Of course, I get a flash of him waiting for me to leave then driving to her house or to meet her, etc... I push it away and go into work but still have that shaky stomach feeling that I get when I think of things like that.

I work at a convenience store so when I walk in we are real busy with morning customers in for coffee. I am there only there about 5 mintues and I look up at my next customer and its H standing there with a cup of coffee. Well so much for the quesy stomach feeling - it turned quickly to a warm fuzzy feeling in my heart. I felt like somehow he knew I needed to see him once more before he left for the day...I know that is not possible but it was a strange coincidence. He said later on the phone he just wanted to see me once more before he left.

Just wanted to share a nice feeling I had today after feeling some crazy and rotten ones last week.

Originally posted by Fraggles

I felt like somehow he knew...I know that is not possible but it was a strange coincidence.

Fraggles, that's an awesome story, and I know just how you feel. It only takes a series of coincidences before you begin to doubt your assertion that it's not possible :)

dyermaker:

I don' t know if it has to do with our communication in the last 5 months....yes, we actually have remembered how to communicate!....but we are now finishing each other's sentences (like we used to do years ago.) We feel so in tune with each other. I seem to know what he is thinking quite often. i.e. just sitting there watching TV and I will suddenly say to him wonder how so-and-so is? and he will say OMG I was just thinking of him! etc.

I tell him I have the ESP so don't try anything stupid again LOL I'll know!! ;)

Hello everyone I like this thread made me think how incredibly sweet my hubby can be sometimes like fixing the coffee pot for me before he goes to work so all I have to do is wake up and turn it on...also I love to watch him play with my grandbabys..my daughter noticed it the other day herself she said mom? Wish I would of had a cool grandpa that acts silly with me like he does with them...the thought makes me smile....Its the little things sometimes that makes a big difference.

Wolvesbaned

It took awhile to think of something but here it goes (I actually got out of bed for this!) :p

WHat is your favorite aspect of your spouse or SO? Either a story or a trait or something he/she did:

I love the way he kisses me when he's asleep, he kisses my shoulder, my back sometimes, just random, gentle kisses while sleeping. He also used to hold the blanket up for me (also while sleeping) when I would slip into bed. But what I love most is when he would randomly kiss pictures of me, we would be looking at a picture just developed and he would playfully kiss it.

:love:

Tonight I layed my head near his tummy to hug him and he came off blunt by saying how I was pushing his stomach in and to get off. I got angry and walked out of the room and closed the door behind me. When I got done getting ready for bed and walked back in, he touched my back and said he was sorry and that he loved me and didn't mean it that way.

It's been almost 3 weeks now since I moved back in & working things out. Changes are hard, but I know now they are a part of the scheme of things. Benedict, thanks for the post, I needed to remember the "goods".

Oh and one more thing: At Christmas time, when all this just started, we visited his sister. As we were taking the Bart to the city that first day, I took a chair while letting them talk (both were standing). I was just a short distance away from where they were standing, but I noticed him looking over at me occasionally to see if I was OK. I fell asleep on the ride and when I awoke he was very loving. Early that next morning, while he was still asleep, he commented about me being "beautiful" -- something I hadn't heard in such a long time, said in that way.

That's the end of my stories for now... Thanks again.. It's good to remember!;)