Valentine's Day Plans

She's_NotInLove_w/Me

She's_NotInLove_w/Me

We are just a couple of weeks away from Valentine's day...

Any special plans and/or gifts for or with your spouse on this day?

And what would you most like to receive from your partner? What is it they could do that would really knock your socks off?

I should go first, but I personally have not made any plans as yet, I'm searching for good ideas on how to make her day, and that's why I ask the questions...

Edited by She's_NotInLove_w/Me
Afishwithabike

I already got my husband his card for Valentine's Day. I'm keeping it in my car so that he doesn't see it. It's a funny card and somewhat sweet. As for a gift, I'm still thinking about what to get him.

We're going to do a low-key celebration. A special dinner together with food from a favorite restaurant.

I don't know what he could do to knock my socks off. He's pretty much done that with his gift from last year. I honestly don't know what he has planned for this year.

• Author
She's_NotInLove_w/Me

I don't know what he could do to knock my socks off. He's pretty much done that with his gift from last year.

Do tell what he did last year?

I haven't had time to think about Valentine's Day this year. Too many other things to focus on at the moment, but we'll probably go out to dinner at some nice restaurant, and give each other a gift and a Valentine. Jewelry is always a good choice to give a woman. A bottle of her favorite perfume, or better yet, a gift basket with the matching scent of perfume, lotion, etc. would be good. That's what my husband got me last year for Valentine's Day. My favorite scent in perfume and lotion. I would recommend staying away from the chocolates, unless you know for a fact that your gf would like that. Flowers are nice, but I think most women would prefer a gift of some kind. And make sure the restaurant is a romantic, special place. Taking her out to eat at Denny's or Chili's isn't going to have the same effect as a romantic restaurant would have.

• Author
She's_NotInLove_w/Me

Very nice Afishwithabike.

Reading stuff like that reminds me of something that it has taken me years to realize. Romantic gestures and moments really don't require any significant financial investment. I mean, we all know the guy that spent thousands on fine jewlery or some other over the top gift. . . It's more about the emotional investment, the thought, the time spent reminding your partner that they are the reason your world turns!

Mutant Debutante

Sweet thread.

Sorry I don't have much helpful to report here. I'm working my bartending job on Valentine's, watching other couples drink too much. My boyfriend will come and visit me at the bar and we'll have a glass of champagne but he won't stay all night and go home with me, he's got work in the morning.

I knitted him a scarf and hat to keep him warm. I'm actually really good at stuff like that so it's a gorgeous knit, it's a great color and pattern for him too.

Last year he wrote me something for VDay, it was beautiful. Really meaningful, something I'll keep forever. I was off last year so I cooked for him. But we're not really into the consumerism of the day so we didn't buy each other anything.

Having worked the restaurant industry, I know all too well how restaurants hike their prices and decrease their amount of service on February 14th so my BF and I are going out on the 15th.

We will be having dinner at a fabulous restaurant before heading to the symphony for Shubert's Great Symphony. No higher prices and tackling waiters with tons of other partners.

We usually just go out to eat and exchange valentine cards. Sometimes I get flowers, usually roses. I get him chocolate candy.

But it means much more to me that everyday he tells me he loves me, with kisses and hugs.:love:

frozensprouts

i already got my husband a card ( it's actually a birthday card, but it's funnier than any of the valentine's cards i saw, and better suits his sense of humor- we're not into "mushy stuff-:laugh:)

he got leave that day, and we had planned to have a nice lunch together since our kids would all be in school, but it turns out that is the only day we could get our daughter's dental appointment, so we'll take her to the dentist, then back to school, then have lunch

he might get me flowers (carnations, as i like them and they last longer than roses) or a nice plant ( phalanopsis orchid- beautiful flowers, easy to grow and will live a long time if you look after it right)

Im giving my husband a sexy treat. Ive bought a sexy outfit to wear "in the bedroom" on the night of the 14th, and Im taking him to a cozy chalet on the ski slopes for the weekend before, with fireplace and beautiful view.

I expect he will be getting me my favorite chocolates and a card.

I've got a date with a guy from an adult OLD site, we'll go to a motel that I pay for, we'll have a couple drinks from a bottle of good scotch that I'll buy,we'll bone, I'll slip him a C note to cover his taxi fare & then I'll head back to my comfy home for a relaxing hot bath & some dark chocolates :)

no fuss, no muss & no worries about having to give another guy alimony payments

Breezy Trousers
]

But it means much more to me that everyday he tells me he loves me, with kisses and hugs.:love:

Same here, BB. DH and I are constantly saying, "I love you," (makes my poor co-workers and bosses sick, I'm sure) and doing little things for each other & together, so Valentines Day always feels a bit redundant and contrived.

Anyway, I don't know! I'm reading this thread for ideas! (How long does it take to learn to knit, MD? :D) ... So far, I've purchased two books for DH to read during our upcoming vacation. I also have his card ready..... I might surprise him with a diving trip while we're away ... We're vacationing with longtime friends in a very romantic spot, so we plan to slip away an afternoon & evening alone, exploring the town & having a quiet belated Valentines dinner together. :love:

make me believe

My husband and I are having a party on the 11th, and I'm going all out with the V-Day theme! I'm attempting to be "sophisticated" though, so going with a red/black/white, low candle lights, sexy-ish mood, rather than cutesy pink & red stuff. I can't wait! I've been wanting to throw a party for awhile and this will be our first one as a married couple. :)

Other than that, we prob won't do much for Valentine's Day. He has to work all day (and goes in very early), so that kinda rules out a special breakfast, which is usually my fave thing to do for him on a special day. I dunno, we'll have a few drinks and some sex that night. lol. We don't do gifts, other than cards & maybe something small (& he sometimes gets me flowers, but he just recently got me some a few weeks ago for no special reason).

• 2 weeks later...
Afishwithabike

Anyone care to update what happened yesterday on Valentines Day?

Our celebration was very good. :love::D

frozensprouts

valentines day...

we took our 13 year old to the dentist, then the three of us went for lunch at a Vietnamese restaurant. The lunch was nice, and she was happy to have no school that day ( it's a long drive to the dentist, and by the time we got there and back it was too late for her to go back to school)

Then we came home and I helped my husband get his winter kit ready for today ( he's left for a winter training exercise...looked like a snowman when he left the house this morning in his winter gear- all white)

Guess we'll have a late valentines celebration when he gets back

My husband and I went out to a nice Brazilian restaurant and had a very nice meal and a nice time. It was a small, intimate restaurant and the food was great. I had to make it an early evening, though, because I had to get together with classmates to work on a project for school later that night, and that project couldn't wait. It was the only time my classmates could get together to work on the project. But my hubby was very understanding. I did get home in time to give him a nice body massage before bed. I gave him a Valentine, and a big box of chocolates, which he really likes. He gave me a Valentine, a dozen red roses, and a new cell phone that I've been needing but haven't had the time to shop for myself. It was a good day. :love:

My husband made me cupcakes with red frosting while I was at work and also had a pot of flowers and a card waiting for me. We had dinner after that. :love: