LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Marriage & Life Partnerships

Popping the question, you not him?

Marriage & Life Partnerships Debunking the old-ball-and-chain stereotype one couple at a time.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th January 2004, 11:09 AM   #1

Popping the question, you not him?

Ladies, Did you propose to your guy?
We have a tradition in England where on Feb 29 we can do this and I am just wondering whether anyone else has done it? I'm toying with the idea.....
? ? ? ? ? ?
LondonGirl101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2004, 11:54 AM   #2
Established Member

Im contemplating the idea. But two things are holding me back 1) I want to be proposed to, 2) The slight fear of rejection, b/c his parents got divorced when he was very young and he has admited to wanting to be totally sure and blah blah, and of course, no matter what you do, and how sure you are, there is always a fear of rejection

"Thats just my opinion though, I could be wrong"

"Its better to be pissed off, than it is to be pissed ON"

As soon as anyone at the meeting starts to tear my argument apart, I'll remember to give myself a quick rub then stand up and smell my fingers whilst responding to my opponent calmly and with poise.
niko1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2004, 1:55 PM   #3
Established Member

Red face Me too

I sorta want to do this too! We've been dating a year and planning on buying a house and moving in together! So it may just be a matter of time before he does but I don't know if I can wait!
kalena9488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2004, 2:41 PM   #4
Established Member

Mmmm. Ladies. It might seem a good idea, but for some reason I wouldn't like it if my girl would do it. Guess I'm kinda keen on the traditional approach...

Anyways, good luck if u do and congratulations
Kriz is offline   Reply With Quote