My wife cheated on me after 6 years

I discovered her cheating on me with another man at her office. Fortunately, I nipped it early on after I found out. Moved her out of the house and threatened her boyfriend with castration ... or worse (I'm a former Special Forces) That brought things rapidly to a head. The big downside of course was the financial crisis it created since she couldn't pay her share of the our mortgage and I soon lost the house through foreclosure because I couldn't carry the debt by myself (we, like most people today, were upside down in the horrible market) and we have since had to go thru bankruptcy as well.

Women who do these things are the lowest of the lowest on the planet! If you want out of a marriage, get out, but don't destroy his and your own life in the process.......... Divorce doesn't have to be so destructive. Then go have all the affairs you want AFTER you are divorced, if you want to become a slut, that's your problem but don't drag him down with you. :mad:

Now I'm alone, heart-broken, and financially destroyed through no fault of my own.... just because she wanted to play around..... I REALLY did love her before this happened and would have done anything to make our life happy.......... Why she had to destroy it I will never understand..... Now she tells me she regrets and is depressed and lonely and suicidal....... but I won't take her back, she doesn't want to anyway, and I can't do much to help her. I try to help her as a friend by encouraging her to go thru counseling............. but I have to move on and live the rest of my life as best I can..........

Sorry for my rant, but just had to get it off my chest and hope someone understands how hurt I feel........... :(

Cracker Jack

That was frustrating to read. I'll never understand why people do things like this.

Sorry about the difficulties you're facing, dude. I hope things get better for you soon.

Many of the guys I know have been cheated on, particularly in long term relationships - and it happened to me, as well. I'm not sure what to say, other than that it's definitely soured me on marriage or LTRs in many respects. Regardless, good for you for not putting up with it and drawing a line, something too many people don't do, to their future regret. Sorry you went through this, but things will turn around eventually. I broke it off with my fiance when she was cheating (obviously, I wasn't married) and I can tell you that, eventually, you'll appreciate the freedom that comes with being single, and knowing you ended your previous relationship in a dignified way.

F the cheaters.