Married couples

List 1 nice thing you did this week for your spouse/long term committed partner (no OW/mistresses or OM please). :love:

List 1 nice thing your spouse/long term committed partner did for you this week. :love:

I get tired of seeing how only "unhappy" married people come to LS.

So .... let's hear it!

I have the BEST husband in the world. He took today off to go with me for a medical test and made sure I was okay and that the tech knew of an issue prior to the test. He takes such good care of me!

I made dinner this week :laugh: I don't normally cook anymore but I made home-made lasagna for him, his favorite. I work full time, have some health issues yet I wanted to make sure he had his favorite food to show him how much I appreciate all he does for me. I am also making his favorite cookies this weekend.

NEXT........

A nice thread.

I ran my wife a bubble bath. I sat with her, sharing some wine and good conversation. We gave each other massages afterwards which led to quite the romantic evening.

She made my favorite breakfast the next morning.

It has been so cold here. Every morning my H gets up and warms up my car for me. Even though he doesn't have to get up until an hour after I do.

I have been giving him daily back massages. His lower back bothers him, and I know exactly the right way to knead with the right amount of pressure. He says he lives for this...

He took the kids to buy me my Christmas present. I don't know what it is...but they were beaming with excitement. They want to tell me so bad!

We all watched "Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World" together. And we laughed so hard. I love my family!

A nice thread.

I ran my wife a bubble bath. I sat with her, sharing some wine and good conversation. .

Ha, I just did the same for my husband tonight, but replace wine with beer. He had sore muscles when he awoke this morning and then got called into work unexpectedly and didn't come home until 11PM. I ran a bath and put candles in there for when he came home so he could just relax and release some tension, and I gave him a beer.

Sunday he got me presents and took me out to dinner, but it WAS my birthday, so I don't know if that counts! ;)

List 1 nice thing you did this week for your spouse/long term committed partner

I picked him up a hot chocolate to surprise him with when we were meeting after work for marriage counseling

List 1 nice thing your spouse/long term committed partner did for you this week.

He took me out Sunday for my birthday to a comedy show and dinner.

She's_NotInLove_w/Me
List 1 nice thing you did this week for your spouse/long term committed partner (no OW/mistresses or OM please). :love:

List 1 nice thing your spouse/long term committed partner did for you this week. :love:

Last night I surprised my wife with white hot chocolate and sweets late at night when she was leaving work - it was totally unexpected. We ended up having a late night impromptu dinner out and talked the night away.

Earlier in the week she had resolved an issue between me and our oldest daughter with the patience of a saint. I almost felt like she was a professional therapist in that moment. She took two stubborn people who were feeling justified in their ways and opened each ones heart and mind to the others love and point of view. Wife and Mom extraordinaire!

UnifiedFieldTheory

Everyday I cook my wife breakfast, even though I go to work earlier. I've been warming her car too. In the evenings, I rub her shoulders while we watch TV. Many times I cook dinner. This week, I helped her wrap Christmas packages. I left a romantic note for her on a carton of milk in the fridge. I gave her one of her Christmas presents early, because she needs it now. I told her she's beautiful practically every day.

I'm being patient with her, and do not seek "restitution".

But I'm beginning to think I've spoiled her.

I don't mind. I like her. And I love her.

Who would have ever thought I played Rugby through college?

I made a pumpkin cheesecake for Thanksgiving dessert. My H liked it so much I made it again this week.

He called me from work to see if I made it home okay because the roads were icy and slippery. I thought that was nice.

A very nice thread.:)

My H let me sleep in today and made our daughter breakfast.

He also was really nice and understanding when we realised my engagement ring has lost one of its diamonds. I was really upset about it and I thought he would be mad.

My H has been really busy at work so this week I have taken care of all the christmas shopping and gift wrapping, and bought him his favourite snacks to eat while he works.

WonderingWhatIf

I had surgery about a month ago, and I have been having some residual problems. One of the problems is that I am cold all the time. I said that our sheets felt like ice when I would get in the bed. My husband has been warming up the sheets on my side of the bed before I get in at night so I won't be so cold... so sweet :)

He looooves chocolate. There's a special recipe for a triple chocolate cake I make that he loves. He enjoys the everliving daylights out of that cake while he's eating it :love:

He calls it "the best desert any woman has made for her man, ever." The way he carries on eating it moaning and mmm-mmm ing and can't leave the pieces alone..I think he means it :lmao: .

I have been having sinus issues due to the dry air and he built me something to solve that which was customized for me. He could have just suggested/bought something similar but instead he took the time to design for me. He was very attentive about how it was working and how else to improve my discomfort. Then I got pampered all day. He's a gem :love:

He is thoughtful of me all the time and makes me feel loved and cared for and listened too - with his actions. I could not ask for more. :love::o:love::o

I had surgery about a month ago, and I have been having some residual problems. One of the problems is that I am cold all the time. I said that our sheets felt like ice when I would get in the bed. My husband has been warming up the sheets on my side of the bed before I get in at night so I won't be so cold... so sweet :)

Aww! That is SO sweet!! :love:

My heart just melted when I read your post!:love::love::love:

I gave my wife a total body scrub with sea salt and a loofa while in the shower this weekend. This was followed by a lengthy massage in our candle-lit bedroom which lulled her off to sleep. Her favorite part was that we did not have sex. She loved the fact that there was no expectation of sex for my efforts.

Her gift to me is how wonderfully she takes care of our three children.

How about 2 things in a week.

1 - brought me the most amazing boquet of flowers (I'd had a bad day) It's his way of cheering me up. Which works

2 - he slept on the couch last night so I could have a good nights sleep - I went to bed early. He is a huge snorer & often it wakes me up. He knew I was exhausted so I fell asleep before he came to bed. I didn't even realize he wasn't there until morning. :cool: He's a sweetie!!

told me that after the first of the year we're putting the farm up for sale, "because we could use the money to fix up the house, just in case." Meaning, he's slowly coming around to the idea of moving back home over the next year or so :love::love::love:

I feel like I haven't done anything as loving or considerate in return, though!

• Author
A nice thread.

I ran my wife a bubble bath. I sat with her, sharing some wine and good conversation. We gave each other massages afterwards which led to quite the romantic evening.

She made my favorite breakfast the next morning.

Bubble baths are good, and definitely lead to other GOOD things ;)

It has been so cold here. Every morning my H gets up and warms up my car for me. Even though he doesn't have to get up until an hour after I do.

I have been giving him daily back massages. His lower back bothers him, and I know exactly the right way to knead with the right amount of pressure. He says he lives for this...

He took the kids to buy me my Christmas present. I don't know what it is...but they were beaming with excitement. They want to tell me so bad!

We all watched "Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World" together. And we laughed so hard. I love my family!

How sweet for him to get up extra early to warm your car!!!

And I think it is very sweet of you to massage his muscles!!

Sounds like you two balance each other!

Ha, I just did the same for my husband tonight, but replace wine with beer. He had sore muscles when he awoke this morning and then got called into work unexpectedly and didn't come home until 11PM. I ran a bath and put candles in there for when he came home so he could just relax and release some tension, and I gave him a beer.

Sunday he got me presents and took me out to dinner, but it WAS my birthday, so I don't know if that counts! ;)

Sounds like it was a wonderful weekend for you both! And yes, even birthday nice things count!! Many people don't feel the need to acknowledge their partners birthday and if that works for you two, great!

Last weekend, we took a quick over-nighter just to get away and decompress. On the way, there was an outlet mall with a Le Creuset store. I have always wanted some Le Creuset pieces, so we went in. I found a nice Dutch oven, but not in the color I wanted. Being the impatient person that I am, I decided to leave and shop the other stores, one being a rather girly one. He told me he was going to the Levis outlet in the meantime and to meet him back at the car.

When I met him, in the car sat my Dutch oven and a matching tagine.

Earlier this week, I noticed that he had left his warm coat at home, and I knew the temp was going to drop by end of the day. So I made him some lunch and took him his coat. I left a little love note in the pocket for him to find.

You are so spoiled! You really are!! :cool:

I picked him up a hot chocolate to surprise him with when we were meeting after work for marriage counseling

He took me out Sunday for my birthday to a comedy show and dinner.

How sweet that you got him some hot cocoa!

Hope the comedy show and dinner were great!

Last night I surprised my wife with white hot chocolate and sweets late at night when she was leaving work - it was totally unexpected. We ended up having a late night impromptu dinner out and talked the night away.

Earlier in the week she had resolved an issue between me and our oldest daughter with the patience of a saint. I almost felt like she was a professional therapist in that moment. She took two stubborn people who were feeling justified in their ways and opened each ones heart and mind to the others love and point of view. Wife and Mom extraordinaire!

Sounds like you both are working TOGETHER to resolve past hurts. GOOD for both of you for not giving up quickly like so many do!

Everyday I cook my wife breakfast, even though I go to work earlier. I've been warming her car too. In the evenings, I rub her shoulders while we watch TV. Many times I cook dinner. This week, I helped her wrap Christmas packages. I left a romantic note for her on a carton of milk in the fridge. I gave her one of her Christmas presents early, because she needs it now. I told her she's beautiful practically every day.

I'm being patient with her, and do not seek "restitution".

But I'm beginning to think I've spoiled her.

I don't mind. I like her. And I love her.

Who would have ever thought I played Rugby through college?

I love this - that you like her. So many people forget that part of a good solid relationship/marriage. You sound like a really good man! :love:

I made a pumpkin cheesecake for Thanksgiving dessert. My H liked it so much I made it again this week.

He called me from work to see if I made it home okay because the roads were icy and slippery. I thought that was nice.

A very nice thread.:)

That was nice of you and him! I really enjoy reading how so many husbands/SO's are so loving and caring. :love:

My H let me sleep in today and made our daughter breakfast.

He also was really nice and understanding when we realised my engagement ring has lost one of its diamonds. I was really upset about it and I thought he would be mad.

My H has been really busy at work so this week I have taken care of all the christmas shopping and gift wrapping, and bought him his favourite snacks to eat while he works.

A man who lets his wife sleep in is a good man :)

What a great guy! And what have you done for him?

He looooves chocolate. There's a special recipe for a triple chocolate cake I make that he loves. He enjoys the everliving daylights out of that cake while he's eating it :love:

He calls it "the best desert any woman has made for her man, ever." The way he carries on eating it moaning and mmm-mmm ing and can't leave the pieces alone..I think he means it :lmao: .

I have been having sinus issues due to the dry air and he built me something to solve that which was customized for me. He could have just suggested/bought something similar but instead he took the time to design for me. He was very attentive about how it was working and how else to improve my discomfort. Then I got pampered all day. He's a gem :love:

He is thoughtful of me all the time and makes me feel loved and cared for and listened too - with his actions. I could not ask for more. :love::o:love::o

What a man!!! How utterly wonderful of him to not only show you how much he appreciates your cooking, but also taking care of health needs for you!! :love:

I gave my wife a total body scrub with sea salt and a loofa while in the shower this weekend. This was followed by a lengthy massage in our candle-lit bedroom which lulled her off to sleep. Her favorite part was that we did not have sex. She loved the fact that there was no expectation of sex for my efforts.

Her gift to me is how wonderfully she takes care of our three children.

I love this post! LOVE IT!! :love:

How about 2 things in a week.

1 - brought me the most amazing boquet of flowers (I'd had a bad day) It's his way of cheering me up. Which works

2 - he slept on the couch last night so I could have a good nights sleep - I went to bed early. He is a huge snorer & often it wakes me up. He knew I was exhausted so I fell asleep before he came to bed. I didn't even realize he wasn't there until morning. :cool: He's a sweetie!!

Awww..... he sounds like a romantic guy! A KEEPER for sure!

told me that after the first of the year we're putting the farm up for sale, "because we could use the money to fix up the house, just in case." Meaning, he's slowly coming around to the idea of moving back home over the next year or so :love::love::love:

I feel like I haven't done anything as loving or considerate in return, though!

I bet you have - just ask him. I am sure he will come up with several things you take for granted that you do for him!

• 2 weeks later...

I don't often come over here, I possibly should. How nice to read nice things about a marriage.

The nice thing my H did for me this week was to ring me just before midnight on New Year's Eve from Afghanistan to talk me through clues, at the end of which was a suprise pressie. A beautiful antique eternity ring.

The nicest thing I can think of that he ever did was to indulge my dreamy brain and on seeing a rainbow, bundled me into the car and drive until we found the 'end of it'. Then says, I have found my pot of gold, meaning me. Must admit, made me cry.

The nicest thing I have done for him lately is to arrange for parcels to arrive weekly when he is away, with little treats and special messages from home, including a scrapbook of the story of 'Us'. I also learned to play Baker Street on my saxophone for his birthday - 'tis his favourite song and I am not so good on the sax, so maybe it wasn't so nice after all.

When he comes home, I have arranged a Salvation Army choir to sing carols outside our house, have hired a snow machine (how mental is that)? and will have Christmas all over again.

We send each other silly cards and while he was away, I found each and every one I had sent him, including the envelopes with their silly cartoon drawings, and the champagne bottle that we shared when he asked me to marry him over 20 years ago. For a big, burly rugby player, he is sure romantic. He also carried the forget me not I gave him when he first went away a long, long time ago, it is in his wallet. I have one too.

I hope everyone remembers the little things and the keeping the romance alive. We briefly forgot and H had an A (not the only reason). However, we are through it now and it just keeps getting better. Horrah for marriage and romance!!

Happy New Year everyone.

We went to a party and rang in the New Year in several time zones. Lots of fun!

But when it was around 11:15pm our time my H said he was tired and wanted to go home. I thought, well we did already see the ball drop in New York, and if he was tired, I'm OK with going home.

When we got home, he took out a bottle of my favorite Champagne from the garage fridge (in there so I would not see it) and some chocolate covered strawberries. The kids were at friend's houses and he had planned to ring on our New Year just the two of us. We had a very nice evening.

I'm still thinking of my pay back.:love:

The nicest thing he did for me this week was when I was taking an afternoon nap he kept the kids quiet (and out of our room), made dinner and brought it to me in the bedroom. So instead of breakfast in bed I got dinner in bed!

:)

One nice thing I did for him this week was to get up early and fix him breakfast before he went to work. This was EARLY because he had to be into work extra early that morning. I knew he’d be hungry and it’d be hours before he got to eat anything so I made him breakfast. He was happy about that

:)

Last week, I had been feeling really down about the whole scenario I found out about in november, and had been plying him with questions for details, and made him write out everything about his entire encounter with the hooker for me. Which he did. Then, he presented me with a gift card for a spa pedicure a day later, telling me that he knows how bad I've been feeling and how sorry he is for what he did :)

Saturday evening I rubbed his back down with lotion, because it was itchy.

He also told me today that I need to book time off for TWO trips to the mountains this spring. We always take one, around our anniversary in April, but this year he wants to also go in March. He's planning a renewal of our vows somehow, since I threw my ring at him on November 6.

Lauriebell82

The nicest thing my husband will have done for me to date, is allowing me to use our money for something that I have really wanted for a very long time and will make me happy.

My husband does a billion sweet things for me. The most recent nice thing my husband did for me was when I lost my dream job. I had been devastated. He immediately called up reservations on the coast and whisked me away. Only on the way up there was a fatal car accident (super sad) and we sat in traffic for 5 hours. We have an old 1962 Volkswagon so it began to struggle. We were 6 miles from the coast when the car died. There was smoke pouring out of it. It was the dead of night, below freezing temperature, in the middle of no where. We had to call my father to come get us (he lived an hour away). By this time my day just seemed awful and I was bawling my eyes out. We finally get home and I get in the shower and spend a bunch of time sulking. When I get out I find him in the bedroom with a blow dryer, warming my side of the bed. The room was lit up with candles and there were 3 bouquets of roses. He said that he so badly wanted me to have a weekend to relax and that he was going to do whatever it took to make that happen. I'm so incredibly lucky :)

dreamingoftigers

My husband has done so many kind things for me this week:

1. Gave me a foot rub with lotion when I woke up Sunday morning, totally out of the blue.

2. Watching our daughter so I could go to meditation class (and spend $10 on it that we really don't have).

3. Is making the first week of my food plan meals to help get me through the hump. Sugar withdrawal is not a joke and comes with screwed up sleep and bad headaches. The same week I start a higher dose of meds which causes screwed up sleep and headaches. My head is a big, stabbing, rock. I don't know what the hell I was thinking.

4. Cleaned the kitchen area floors when it wasn't his night too.

5. Picked me up from my parent's place when it was his time to himself.

6. Has helped drag my butt out of bed in the mornings.

7. Lots of hugs and affection

8. Complimenting me on the actions I have taken and letting me know he is proud of me.

9. When I had some concerns over what might happen to my account on LS because of the "no replies" issue, he offered (again out of the blue) to try and save all of my old posts and interesting threads and back it up to our external hard drive. He has never been on here, he knows about it and didn't seem to care, but he knew that lots of the things I have learned on here meant a lot to me and he offered to try to preserve that. :love:

All in the last week!

What have I done:

1. I have him some hugs today and told him he's great :o (I gotta work on this).

My HB spoils me..and I feel I don't deserve it. Here are some of the things he did this week to show his love and devotion to me, his wife of 10 years:

Helped me through the very lengthy process of applying for a student loan, and registering for courses (he is a PHd student so knows allll about it!)

Drove me to my first day of classes because I didn't know where to go, and there is little parking at the University.

Took a break from work to bring me and the kids a few groceries with money we shouldn't have used for the mortgage..and a Starbucks Caramel Latte..he knows what makes me smile :)

Finally got the tiling done in the bathroom!

Drove the kids to school all week for me...he really is a good husband.

Things I did:

Since I am having such a difficult time "giving" right now, I see I am lacking in this area big time and need to put the effort in to repair things..but i did do a few things:

Hugged him and thanked him for bringing the food and latte home.

Brought him a cup of tea

initiated sex when I wasn't in the mood-but it had been awhile ;)

This is a nice thread..keep it coming! I see I need to make more efforts, and need inspiration and ideas!!