am I over reacting?

dan_o_man2003

A buddy of mine and some of his friends stopped by our house on a trip they were having and spent the night with us. My wife was getting ready for bed and I went out to get some beer and sodas. When I returned I found my wife sitting on the sofa, talking with the guys. She was wearing her nightshirt with nothing under it. She wasn’t as careful as she could have been in the way she sat to maintain her modesty. She seemed oblivious to the fact that her pubic area was exposed for these guys to see.

I got upset about the whole thing. I was angry with her for being so careless as to expose her privates to a bunch of guys, and I was angry with my buddy and his friends to take in the view. I told them in not so nice of a way that they had no right to be looking at my wife’s genital and told her to be more careful.

My wife later said that I had over reacted and that I shouldn’t have spoken to our guest this way. She said it was no big deal and I’m acting like some jealous high school boy friend.

Is she right?

I don't think you are overreacting at all!

She knew exactly what she was exposing. I mean, it's impossible to be sitting down with your coochie hanging out and not know it! This was not just carelessness--this was on purpose. (I'd cut a little more slack if part of her boob was hanging out or something...that does sometimes unintentionally happen!)

I wouldn't be mad at your friends, though. I mean, what are they going to say to her? "Um...excuse me, but we can see everything!" Highly uncomfortable situation for them, I'd think.

I don't know what to tell you, but I think you have every right to be angry at her.

In my opinion, it would have been far better had you asked her to meet you in another room and discussed this with her in private. There was no point in dragging your friends into this matter. I can't think of a man alive who would taken in the view if the Red Sea parted in front of them.

It was also a rush to judgement to think that your wife knew what was showing. Most decent women would have been extremely embarassed after being told their pubbies were showing. Was your wife not embarassed...or is she not decent?

I don't think your wife should have been out with these guys in her nightie without a robe. Go to Victoria's Secret and buy her a nice robe and teach her when to use it.

Just A Girl2
It was also a rush to judgement to think that your wife knew what was showing.

Come on. First of all, I don't think a wife or girlfriend has any business sitting around in front of her husband's male friends wearing PJs of that nature (night shirt, obviously not fully covering her body), wearing no undies beneath. A woman with any class or couth or respect for her hubby would have at least thrown on some sweat pants, if she didn't have a robe.

And of course she'd have known her beaver was visible. A woman would have to have some kind of major neurological deficiency, like maybe paralyzed from the waist down, to not be able to "sense" that her bush is exposed and the men in the room are sneaking a peak. Sounds a lot like the ol' Sharon Stone maneuver.

Anyway, to the guy who responded....of course you didn't overreact in the least..and your wife's absurb stunt of trying to twist it all around and make YOU out to be some kind of jealous high school kid..well, that just goes to show that she knew what she was doing, and doesn't realize how inappropriate and disrespectful it was. Has she skanked out like this in the past? If she could practically flash her cooch right there with you in the room, what on earth does she do when you're not around??

By the way, when you confronted her and your friend.did you do it privately, or in front of them both?

A good friend, no matter how skanky his friend's wife was acting, would do everything he could NOT to look....particularly if his friend was there under the same roof. Course he could have looked initially, out of pure shock that she was being such a slut.....but after that, out of respect for you he should have stopped looking, IMO.

Your wife sounds like a real great wHOLEsome gal. My condolences.