Ok - for those of us & yes I'm a Facebook user - BUT I have a question. My husband just posted this about a single woman's photograph. Is this appropriate behavior for a married man?

Ashle.....can you be like .....WOW!!!

Is anyone else having a hard time with how things are posted / friends, etc on Facebook.

I use this as a "social" "catch up with old friends" network. Not to hit on men, hook up with other men, comment or compliment men.

HELPPPPP!!!!!

I would say watch your husband!

No its not appropriate, not right and not respectful!

Facebook ... The game for stalkers and cheaters!

Ok - for those of us & yes I'm a Facebook user - BUT I have a question. My husband just posted this about a single woman's photograph. Is this appropriate behavior for a married man?

Ashle.....can you be like .....WOW!!!

Is anyone else having a hard time with how things are posted / friends, etc on Facebook.

I use this as a "social" "catch up with old friends" network. Not to hit on men, hook up with other men, comment or compliment men.

HELPPPPP!!!!!

Maybe you could make a comment of your own, like:

Yeah, Ashle, WOW!!!! Girl, I thought I was straight until I saw this picture of you. Are you doing anything this weekend?

Then maybe post a hot photo of your own.

My husband just posted this about a single woman's photograph. Is this appropriate behavior for a married man?

Does he know her? Is she on his friends list? Or is this a complete stranger?

• Author
Maybe you could make a comment of your own, like:

Then maybe post a hot photo of your own.

Yeah - that would be good except she's not my friend on facebook - I don't even know who the hell she is. Probably someone he met when he owned a bar about 5 years ago - He tends to keep up with every bartender & waitress in this town - Yes, he knows her.

It wasn't like I snooped for it - for those of you who know how facebook works - if your friend comments on a photo - they rotate on the right side of your homepage - so it was RIGHT THERE for me & our kids & the entire world to see. But he says "I Was Just Being Nice".............Hmmmmmmmmm:confused:

they rotate on the right side of your homepage - so it was RIGHT THERE for me & our kids & the entire world to see. But he says "I Was Just Being Nice".............Hmmmmmmmmm

Point this out to him then.. Let him know that he has to be careful what he says, even MORE SO since the kids can read it.

My initial reaction is that it is not a problem if he is not hiding it from you.

Comments can be made like that if they are in character for him. If this is unusual for him, then perhaps you might have a concern.

GorillaTheater

You know, I've complimented several women here regarding their pics. What can I say? There are an amazing number of babes here. I keep it clean and respectful, though. Am I out of line? I don't think so, but I'm willing to be proved wrong.

My husband has gotten upset with me over some FB friends. I didn't even comment on any pictures. He just doesn't like the fact that I had accepted some ex boyfriends as friends. I can't imagine what he would say if I had written something like that.

"With your insecure ass"

That statement,is not productive or helpful in anyway and could have not been said. The woman came here for some advice to just see about the comment her husband made. And while some advice has been given, that comment was uncalled for.

So to the OP just keep an eye on it It could be completely harmless. Wonder what he would say, do or think if you made that comment to another mans pic?

• Author
I'll help you out here so your husband isn't subjected to eight hours of arguing with your insecure ass.

Inappropriate for sure. Thanks Midnight Rider! :rolleyes:

I asked if it was appropriate for a married man to post something for all the world to see on FACEBOOK.....

I'm not insecure - If he wants to leave me for some young hot chick, let him. :lmao: it's not about that.

It's about the inappropriate behavior (like yours here)

So, I suppose now I have my answer.

1) Men are voyers

2) Men will compliment anything hot in a skirt - at all costs

3) Men act like horses @rss's

:laugh:

I think it's inappropriate & was just wondering if anyone else would be of the same opinion.

The Midnight Rider

Desired effect achieved. Keying in on the basis of what I said was irrelevant as long as it was established that what I said was inappropriate. You did not see the forest for the trees and that was the point. Did anybody read any other part of the post? Of course not! BUT the point is proven. You explained only that your husband complimented some hoochie on Facebook. Does he cheat? Has he cheated in the past? Does he even ACT like he loves you? Does he act intimate toward you outside of sex? If that's the case, why ask the question whether it's inappropriate or not in the first place? The attitude that a man is only as good as his last ****up comes from stuff like this. Feel free to berate your husband on this at your own peril, but I'm pretty sure the result will not be what you want it to be outside of eight hours of arguing about something stupid or him saying "Okay" and walking away, hoping you don't follow. Good luck with that. Just a male's point of view...

deliberately staying in touch with ex is WAY different from him making an off-handed thick-headed remark that upsets you. Unless he's poking/poked her, there's nothing past an appreciative (though NOT very smart) remark involved.

let him know it bugs you, and get rid of the exes on Facebook. That's just too uncomfortable to think about.

So, I suppose now I have my answer.

1) Men are voyers

2) Men will compliment anything hot in a skirt - at all costs

3) Men act like horses @rss's

:laugh:

I think it's inappropriate & was just wondering if anyone else would be of the same opinion.

I think personally it depends on the motivation behind the statement or compliment. We all make comments or compliments that if taken at face value could be construed differently than intended. However, our intentions may simply have been to make the person feel better (with a true compliment) or let the person know that we DO think they are (fill in the blank).

I don't think most men compliment women just to get that rush. Most married men do it with a good intention. I for one do it less than I want or should because I do not want the woman to take it wrong. An example is that there is this lady at the gym who is a trainer. Our conversations are short but friendly. The other day she was in a red to and jeans and she looked hot. Seriously. I know if I wold her that it would have made her day. But I hesitated and never said anything because of how she might take it, and I like our "friendship" as it is. I would not want her to feel uncomfortable every time she saw me.

Sadly, your stereotypes hind many open communications between the genders IMO.

As for men being voyeurs, yes we look at women. And the funny thing is...I notice that my wife looks at women as much as I do. In a different way? Yes. But still while I admire them in a quick way, she may scrutinize their clothes, hairstyle, and body shape. I know because it might enter in a conversation.

Be not too hard on your man unless this is a further confirmation that you think he is cheating.

You know, I've complimented several women here regarding their pics. What can I say? There are an amazing number of babes here. I keep it clean and respectful, though. Am I out of line? I don't think so, but I'm willing to be proved wrong.

My initial reaction is that it is not a problem if he is not hiding it from you.

Comments can be made like that if they are in character for him. If this is unusual for him, then perhaps you might have a concern.

I think the guys have it right here...

It's a comment, take it for what it's worth. Holy crap, if you are this worried about a comment then good chance you are insecure perhaps because he cheated? Or is it because he owned a bar and has alot of female friends? I believe you are the one, who's husband is very close to women half his age?

That is something to be more concerned about than some comment on facebook. You need to step back and look at the big picture.

If I saw a woman's picture online and commented doubt my wife would care. However I also know my boundaries and use common sense in those types of situations.

• Author
However I also know my boundaries and use common sense in those types of situations.

Exactly I guess why I asked about the appropriateness. It is facebook - all our friends see it. I don't know this girl from adam & she may take it the wrong way. Who knows. I just think that married PEOPLE - & people in serious relationships need to mind what their spouses feel about these things as well as how the other person takes the compliment. It would be totally different if she were a friend of both of ours. I wouldn't have even thought twice about the comment.

Don't get me wrong I think that Facebook is a great internet "Toy"...It helps some of us keep in contact with old friends we've moved away from as well as see what others are doing on a daily basis. I just don't think it should be used as a forum to tell young girls (when you're in your 50's & Married) how WOW they look in a random photo.

As for men being voyeurs, yes we look at women. And the funny thing is...I notice that my wife looks at women as much as I do. In a different way

Ha Ha - Exactly! My husband does this & I like your wife look as well at beautiful women.

• Author
It's a comment, take it for what it's worth. Holy crap, if you are this worried about a comment then good chance you are insecure perhaps because he cheated?

:)Not worried about the comment. Just wondered on the appropriateness of it. Not young & insecure. As I said before, if he wanted to leave for some young hot thang....He could.:)

Oh my, how assuming of others to think you are insecure for asking a question. They must be insecure. :lmao:

Anyway, I would just sit on it for awhile. If you see him make anymore comments to this person, then you might could say something, but for now lay low. Hopefully he didn't mean anything by it.

Were you logged into his account when you saw it?

If my husband did this and I was really concerned or threatened slightly by it, I would make a hot dinner, get the kids to bed, and rock his world. :p

OR, I'd ask him who so and so is. "Who's Ashley?" Allow him to tell me, then say, "Oh okay. I saw your comment on her pic. didn't know who she was." ...and go about doing whatever I was doing (cooking, fixing whatever).

Don't get me wrong I think that Facebook is a great internet "Toy"...It helps some of us keep in contact with old friends

It's a privacy vampire. Avoid at all costs.

• Author
Were you logged into his account when you saw it?

Nope - on Facebook when you log into your main page there (or at least on mine) are photos that rotate on the right side of the page of your friends - or your friends that have commented on photos. It's right there for all to see. All I had to do was click where it said John Doe Commented On This Photo & I could see the comment. :eek:

I did ask him about it - He said "he was just being nice." But, he's also the guy that thinks that every post on his page is like a personal text message just to him. So, perhaps it is just that - Him being a nice guy. And, that's kind of what I kind of thought - BUT I still think it's inappropriate.

I think sometimes people just have momentary Tourette's Syndrome, and there is no communication between the brain and the mouth, or in this case, the fingers.

My guy recently told a woman that she didn't "look as fat today as you did yesterday" when he didn't recognise her from the day before... WTF?

I have made comments on myspace that were inappropriate when I look back at them, however I meant no harm at the time and didn't think i was being out of line until after the fact.

I would consider it a momentary lapse of reason, unless it continues.