my wife and I met when we were quite young

My wife and I met when we were quite young.

Just out of high school. We fell in love, got married, raised two beautiful children, now in there teens. I thought it would be, ” and lived happily ever after”. But that’s not how it turned out. I have always been committed to her, both emotionally and physically. Over the years, she has accused me of cheating on her hundreds of times. She has alienated me from my family (long story), systematically disconnected me from some of my friendships, and has been making decisions about raising our children behind my back. All I wanted was consensus on the tough decisions raising teens, but she bends over backwards, gives them what they want, and makes me look like the ogre. Now the kids cut me out too. I’ve written her letters, told her how I feel, but by in large, she just ignores me. A couple of years ago she had an affair. She said “we never did anything” but the counselor agreed with me that even if she didn’t get physical, she was creating problems in our marriage. I feel we are now playing the end game. It has taken me a long time to come to grips with the idea of being alone. Now comes the complicated part. last year one of my co-workers kissed me and said she loved me. She has done it a few times in the last year. SHES MARRIED. they have a 10 year old. She has made comments about her relationship that makes me think it’s a bit rocky. I’m starting to fall in love. I think about her all the time. I think we were meant for each other. I want to tell her how I feel but I’m afraid she will get mad and it will ruin our friendship. What should I do?

TaraMaiden

Two things:

One: get a divorce. it looks as if this has played itself out.

Two: Please, please, leave the other woman alone, unless she actually tells you she is in the throes of divorce and has left her husband.

You are doing with her, what your wife's 'lover' did with her. You are meddling and complicating matters.

And i think you believe you love her, because she gives you what your wife does not.

That would turn anybody's head.

Two wrongs do not make a right.

Do not be 'the other man'.

Quit this, get your head together, and deal with one major issue without creating one to walk alongside it.....

whichwayisup

You really aren't thinking this through.

So what if this other married woman says her relationship with her husband is rocky, she isn't going to leave him and bust up her family. Same goes with you - Are you really willing to throw away your marriage, break up your family home because you and your wife haven't done counselling together, given it your best shot? You and your wife owe it to eachother and to your kids to try to fix the marriage.

Either divorce because you and your wife have given up or stay and fix things. To cheat is just going to make everyone's lives worse!

Your co-worker has a fantasy man she loves, you just happen to be filling those shoes right now as "Knight in Shining Armor". Your problems at home need to be resolved before you move on to something else.