Ok seriously is making babies the only sole reason people get marry?

samsungxoxo

No I do not like kids, don't want any but would like to get marry one day to the right guy. Just that my view on marriage is to spend your long-term life with them and understand each other but nothing involving getting pressured into becoming pregnant. I just want only the two of us, me and him only.

Are there guys that believe in getting marry someday but don't want kids either.

No, older people here marry to prevent their adult kids from evicting their new partner in case of death.

No I do not like kids, don't want any but would like to get marry one day to the right guy. Just that my view on marriage is to spend your long-term life with them and understand each other but nothing involving getting pressured into becoming pregnant. I just want only the two of us, me and him only.

Are there guys that believe in getting marry someday but don't want kids either.

There are many people out there who don't want kids. However, it is absolutely essential that you clear up this issue in no uncertain terms forevermore with any possible marriage partner before tying the knot. It's not as easy as you think. They could always change their mind....AND SO COULD YOU!!!

PinkKittyKat

I'm childfree and plan on marrying my also childfree bf.

It is something we have discussed a lot. We are both getting our tubes tied soon before/after marriage and if the unthinkable happens and we both change our minds, we plan on adopting. Still HIGHLY unlikely.

If only one of us changes our minds, there will be much discussion, but as it stands, we're on the same page, same sentence, same word even. :laugh:

I don't believe in "soul mates", but if I had one it would be my guy.

We're not religious either, so many people don't "get" why we are getting married. They're all "No kids, no church....you already LIVE together, why would you get married!? It makes no sense!"

We see marriage as a public vow, where we announce to our friends and family that we are "serious" and we plan on being faithful forever. It is also a promise to eachother, and a linking of us together that makes us legally one family unit. We don't see marriage as a "pre-kid" arrangement.

Plus, as we all know, you CAN have kids with someone without being married. ;)

My parents had me a year before they ever got married.

And heck, my 81 year old grandma got married to her 90 year old live-in boyfriend a few years ago. No kids there! It was very beautiful, and they were nuts about eachother. :love:

Don't worry. There are GREAT childfree guys out there LAMENTING the lack of childfree, yet marriage-minded women. I know some of these said guys in fact. Don't worry! You sound like a catch!

I'm married and neither my wife or I ever want kids.

I don't really believe in marriage as a concept. Just did it to shut her and to a lesser extent, my, parents up.

Island Girl

Of course there are.

There are plenty of people who commit to each other but envision their future as traveling and enjoying being unencumbered by children.

Just be clear about what you are looking for in a relationship and you'll find like minds.