We are engaged to be married soon. His work involves lots of travelling for weeks at a strech. In the beginning, he would often enjoy speaking on the phone everyday and even talk romantic and sexy stuff. And when he got back from the tour, we'd catch up for nice romantic dinners and make out! Lately his work doesnt involve any travel. But he seems to have lost the interest to talk on the phone let alone talking romantic or sexy stuff! He does talk but nothing close to what we spoke in our initial days. Also, he doenst make any plans to meet up anymore. Intially I would insist on meeting but lately I've stopped pushing it! However, it seems he doesnt seem to mind not meeting and still doesnt make any effort to meet up. And its not like I am always available for him. There are times when he has called but I've genuinely been busy (not actually playing hard to get types) and not able to catch up.

Is he bored? How can I get him to miss me more? How do I get him to take interest?

We are engaged to be married soon.

How long have you two been dating? And how old are you (general age)?

In the beginning, he would often enjoy speaking on the phone everyday and even talk romantic and sexy stuff. .....he seems to have lost the interest to talk on the phone let alone talking romantic or sexy stuff!

Every relationship I've ever been with goes through that cycle. Is this your first (longer) relationsip? There's always going to be a decrease in the passion that was apparent in the beginning.

You said "he doenst make any plans to meet up anymore". That's kind of a global accusation. That would mean he has completely stopped putting in ANY effort whatsoever to make plans with you. But then you say, "There are times when he has called but I've genuinely been busy (not actually playing hard to get types) and not able to catch up.". Are you sure that you're seeing his actions correctly?

Talk to him about how you're feeling. And while you're doing that, make sure you don't use blanket statements like "you don't make plans to meet up anymore". You'll put him on the defensive if you do that... just tell him it would make you feel better if he would initiate plans to get together more often. See if he follows through with it.

You have to talk to your partner about what you need in order to feel loved/valued in this relationship. If you need more calls, then tell him. If you want him to set things up more often, then say that. But don't automatically assume he's lost interest if you haven't talked to him about the things that make you feel like your loved. Guys are kind of thick brained. Sometimes you have to spell it out for them. If he loves you, he'll make the effort.

Also, he doenst make any plans to meet up anymore. Intially I would insist on meeting but lately I've stopped pushing it! However, it seems he doesnt seem to mind not meeting and still doesnt make any effort to meet up. And its not like I am always available for him. There are times when he has called but I've genuinely been busy (not actually playing hard to get types) and not able to catch up.

I've never seen a serious relationship expressed in those terms. Usually, if you're engaged to be married, you're integrated into each other's lives to the point that "meeting up" isn't an issue. Do you live in different cities?

Mr. Lucky