Quick question

My boyfriend and I have been dating for 8 months during that time we had one little snag when he lost his job. Other than that we have been so happy together!! It is so strange but things just seem so great with us. He has been talking about marriage a lot lately. We had a talk more seriously about marriage the other night when his parents met my parents. Well he told me that he wants to propose withing the next 2 months and that he wanted to give me a heads up but still wants to surprise me. He asked me what I would say if he did propose. I am kind of shocked. Do you think he is really going to propose or is he just talking. He is 35 and never been married before and has no children. I thought he was the one but I didn't really think he would be considering marriage. Should I expect this to happen?

He told you to expect it within the next two months. So, yes, you should expect this to happen.

However, if you need more time, don't hesitate to speak up and TELL him! 8 months is pretty quick, and it does work for some people, but there is no shame in wanting more time. Heck, I told my fiance that I believed that people should date at least a year before getting engaged. We got engaged after dating for 1.5 years :love:

• Author

I don't have doubts but I have had other BF who have generically talked to me about marriage when I was younger but it just never happened.

elizabethjune

If he's 35 he's probably more emotionally mature than you're previous experience. If your parents are meeting his parents, that's a huge step. Keep us updated. He's probably planning something special.