20 years ago today.....

In front of God, Family and Friends, I made a life long comittment to the most wonderful, beautiful, sexiest woman I have ever laid my eyes on.

Since then, she's given me 6 of the most precious gifts another human being could ever possibly give to another. 3 Boys, 2 Girls, and one Perfect Angel.

How could this be? I don't deserve her, and I don't deserve the joy that's associated with these gifts, and I don't see any possible way of ever matching the happiness she's given me.....

Yes, we've had our rough times, but for those who don't know or realize this within your own relationship(s), every fight we've ever had has caused us to grow closer and closer to each other. In time, we know the other better than we know ourselves! With that said, it's no wonder we feel we couldn't live one day without the other......that must be what Christ meant:

Matthew 19:5-6

5 and said, 'For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh'

6 So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate."

Ok, ok.....I'm not meaning to, "preach" to anyone.....

I'm soooo looking forward to the next 20 years with Mrs. Moose......

In the spirit of LS, how many here can relate to this? It's my deepest hope that this thread would be filled with those who can or do. It would be a major crime if we're the only ones......

Aw.

Reading that made me well up. That is so lovely.

I really really hope that Wonderboy and I can say the same thing in 20 years time. Just because we don't believe in god doesn't mean we don't believe in love and lifetime commitment, and I can totally see the significance of those words, despite my beliefs.

How could this be? I don't deserve her, and I don't deserve the joy that's associated with these gifts, and I don't see any possible way of ever matching the happiness she's given me.....

Everybody “deserves” that Moose. The tricky part is getting people to realize that for themselves (ourselves) ... and than learning how to appreciate and reciprocate it when it finally finds them.

I LOVE that you are hear saying POSITIVE things about your wife, family and marriage. I think that strong, beautiful lady you have at home deserves it too.

As a matter of fact, I hope you also share those same thoughts with her today. No matter how long two people have been together, none of us will ever get tired of hearing our partner remind us of of that. :love:

• Author
PS. Why don't you "deserve" her? If you make her happy too, then you 'deserve' eachother.
I just don't feel like I do. I mean, I know I do, but if I ever get to a point where I'm comfortable saying, "I deserve this", I fear I might take begin to take advantage of her.....don't know if that makes sense.
I hope you also share those same thoughts with her today.
Already have, and will continue to do so through out the day, and evening.....;)
Since then, she's given me 6 of the most precious gifts another human being could ever possibly give to another. 3 Boys, 2 Girls, and one Perfect Angel.

Is one of your children sex-less? :confused:

Congrats on making it 20 years Moose! :bunny:

5 and said, 'For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh'

6 So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate."

In the spirit of LS, how many here can relate to this?

I can sort of relate. When the bar of soap I have in the shower gets too small to be of much use I join it with a new bar to create a single, super bar. Then I'm like, "Sweet." I imagine Christ had that in mind too.

Congrats on the anniversary. :)

Wow congratulations. It's so refreshing to hear positive things about long term committment and marriage on this board. I'm happy for you and I can only hope for a similar fate. Thanks for letting us know. :)

Might you share some secrets, lessons or wisdom on exactly what it takes to maintain a really nice relationship for that duration...also, CONGRATULATIONS!!!

• Author
Is one of your children sex-less?
Um......no.

We lost one during the third trimester........

Congrats on making it 20 years Moose!
Thanks!
I can sort of relate. When the bar of soap I have in the shower gets too small to be of much use I join it with a new bar to create a single, super bar. Then I'm like, "Sweet." I imagine Christ had that in mind too.
:lmao:
Congrats on the anniversary.
Thanks TB.....
  • Author
Might you share some secrets, lessons or wisdom on exactly what it takes to maintain a really nice relationship for that duration...also, CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Very simple T......:

"Do you want to be right......or do you want to be happy?"

:lmao:

• Author
Wow congratulations. It's so refreshing to hear positive things about long term committment and marriage on this board. I'm happy for you and I can only hope for a similar fate. Thanks for letting us know. :)
I have a feeling there's a very lucky man out there just waiting for you BO....
Um......no.

We lost one during the third trimester........ Thanks!:lmao: Thanks TB.....

I'm so sorry, I didn't know that. I'm officially an a-hole. :o

• Author
I'm so sorry, I didn't know that. I'm officially an a-hole. :o
Nah!

You just didn't know.....don't worry about it, I wasn't offended....:cool:

Nah!

You just didn't know.....don't worry about it, I wasn't offended....:cool:

I understood. We lost one too when we were 6 months. Losing one is tough regardless, but especially when you're that close.

Congrats on your anniversary. Not many get there anymore. :)

• Author
hey, congratulations to you and the missus ... 20 years is nothing to sneeze at!
Thanks q! She's the greatest.....I've put her through hell on Earth....lemme tell ya!
In front of God, Family and Friends, I made a life long comittment to the most wonderful, beautiful, sexiest woman I have ever laid my eyes on.

All the people in my life are divorced. So, when I got married just 3 months ago everyone was skeptical. You give me hope, moose. I love my H with every ounce of my being and he is the most wonderful man I know. I hope we can say the same as you in 20 years.

The truth has power! That power is binding!

I just don't feel like I do. I mean, I know I do, but if I ever get to a point where I'm comfortable saying, "I deserve this", I fear I might take begin to take advantage of her.....don't know if that makes sense.Already have, and will continue to do so through out the day, and evening.....;)

Moose, you realize that this is perhaps the most profound thing I have ever read on this board?

You need to make this a seperate thread... not enough people understand this concept! It's so important!

I just don't feel like I do. I mean, I know I do, but if I ever get to a point where I'm comfortable saying, "I deserve this", I fear I might take begin to take advantage of her.....don't know if that makes sense.

Cobra made some good comments above.

I can appreciate what you are saying. Wonderboy has said something along those lines to me- he thinks one of the keys to a successful R is to not get complacent, as that can be when you take advantage of eachother.

You saying that after 20 years is a good indication that he is probably right, and its very reassuring.

Still, there is a difference between feeling like you don't "deserve it" and feeling that you aren't "worthy". They may sound the same, but insecurity in a R can destroy it, and I don't think that you feel insecure Moose, just blessed and very lucky, which after 20 years is awesome.

Definitely something to consider for me.

Yes, we've had our rough times, but for those who don't know or realize this within your own relationship(s), every fight we've ever had has caused us to grow closer and closer to each other. In time, we know the other better than we know ourselves! With that said, it's no wonder we feel we couldn't live one day without the other......that must be what Christ meant:

Ok, ok.....I'm not meaning to, "preach" to anyone.....

I'm soooo looking forward to the next 20 years with Mrs. Moose......

In the spirit of LS, how many here can relate to this? It's my deepest hope that this thread would be filled with those who can or do. It would be a major crime if we're the only ones......

I can relate. I've often dreamed this could happen to me. And wished. And prayed. But it didn't. So I guess I'll be happy alone in my own right.

Congratulations, Moose. You're a good man.

Congratulations, Moose!

Having read all of the many ups and downs in your marriage, your commitment is an inspiration to the rest of us. Not only that, your commitment to your wife says volumes to your children about how they also can be committed (now or in the future) to their marriages and families.

And not meaning to preach either, but I will highlight the second part of that verse....

6 So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate.

This is what most of us take too lightly. If God has joined us together as we have taken vows in front of Him and His Church, then how can we so easily separate?

I hope that you may easily have another 20 years or more together.

• Author
Just wonderful. God Bless your family
Thanks everyone!
If God has joined us together as we have taken vows in front of Him and His Church, then how can we so easily separate?
I've always believed that it ultimately comes down to our own selfishness.....when it gets rocky, sometimes we have to die to ourselves. The tree that bends during the storm instead of breaking lives longer....
I've often dreamed this could happen to me. And wished. And prayed. But it didn't.
Today is the first day of the rest of your life.....it could still happen J.!
I love my H with every ounce of my being and he is the most wonderful man I know.
You're off to a fantastic start!! ;)
You need to make this a seperate thread... not enough people understand this concept! It's so important!
I just might take you up on that, when I have more time....Thanks again everybody!!
Thanks everyone!I've always believed that it ultimately comes down to our own selfishness.....when it gets rocky, sometimes we have to die to ourselves. The tree that bends during the storm instead of breaking lives longer....Today is the first day of the rest of your life.....it could still happen J.!You're off to a fantastic start!! ;)I just might take you up on that, when I have more time....Thanks again everybody!!

Thank you.

In 16 days my wife and I will hit the 11 year mark. With all the ups-and-downs we've had lately, which I've posted about, in reflection, it wouldn't surprise me if we eventually hit at least double the number of years before we're through. We've been in one anothers' lives for about 16 years now and even if I were to really try, which I won't, I don't think I could imagine my life without her in it. I really don't think I'd want to.

You were correct when you posted the question (Dr. Phil's I believe), "Do you want to be right or do you want to be happy?"

In reflection again, bumps and road hazards notwithstanding, the past 11 years have been better than any that went before!

Thanks for reminding me of what's really important!