Success will ruin a relationship?

I am getting a little worried that I am doing too good! :lmao:

I am exhausted from work....... I just shut down everything in my office and decided that I am taking the rest of the day off....... this day off will only last about 3 hours then I will find some excuse as to why something has to be done! - workaholic???? I think I will install the toilet in the renovated bathroom.....

Anywho...... so I am sitting here looking at the books, upcoming schedules, taking calls from clients, making new contacts - Our business is rocketing!

You'd think that would be good right?

I am worried that it will be all that we have. I am good at it. The H is exceptional with his talents in our field. I have now expanded our business to 3 companies and smack in the middle of getting ready to negotiate a contract that itself will bring in big cha ching a year.

I have been starting work at 6 am and stopping around 9 pm..... and still working in my head until the moment I fall asleep. I like this...... but I know it is like a drug to me. I know it will become everything.

I fear that our M which is going great since I took over all the business decisions is going to just become a work relationship.

I feel like I always have to be "on". Even in the M.

what the F is this dreadful feeling???? Everything is going well..... minus some bumps here or there...... but just cannot figure out what the hell the big worry on my mind is. I only know it involves the H...... like a instinct, gut feeling................... maybe its just gas? :lmao:

I feel like I always have to be "on". Even in the M.

what the F is this dreadful feeling???? Everything is going well..... minus some bumps here or there...... but just cannot figure out what the hell the big worry on my mind is. I only know it involves the H...... like a instinct, gut feeling...................

Just guessing here, but maybe you know in the back of your mind it will pretty much always be like this. That YOU are the one who will be the one to take control, make sure things are done, taken care of etc. Not only in business but in your marraige partnership as well. Its bound to get draining for you at times to always feel like you're the one in the marriage who does so much, while the H may do things to but not as much or on top of it as you are. Do you ever feel like your work and marriage is pretty much one sided for the most part?

I had my own business for ten years and worked my butt to the bone. It was the hardest that I had ever worked in my life. Everything was great, but I was always tired, and like you wondered why I was waiting for the other shoe to drop.

I think that it is human nature to always expect a downside on top of great success. Why? Beats the heck out of me. It is hard to tell yourself that you are doing a great job and deserve the success that you have worked for.

Maybe it has something to do with arrogance or tempting the fates.

But, enjoy every wonderful moment of your hard work and success!

My brother is a workaholic, nothing wrong with it, BUT I think form the way his relationship is with his wife, he pours himself into his work, because he doesn't know how to pour hmself into the relationship or at least to find some kind of balance between the two. Plus working alot for him, and the way he sees it, gives him an excuse not to.

• Author

Kasan you kinda hit it.

It is like it is not deserved.

I just got off the phone with a client that wanted to overpay us by $1,000.

I had to say NO! I mean they really wanted to over pay us.

and I lied I already answered 2 business emails when I said I quit for the day.....

no day off........

did tell H that we have to go out this weekend . But only Sunday off so far, and that is likely going to be booked for work. - my doing.

I haven't been "out" in 3 weeks now. Not even to the grocery store..... no food here...... don't care..... cuz I don't want to waste the time at the store- did go to a supplier and was on the phone there working while picking up supplies.

Somebody tranquilize me! This must be what a drug addiction feels like....

I feel like Phoebe in that Friends episode when she is the chain smokin' heart attack business women....... and I like it....

I have stated we are to watch a movie for the last 3 days..... never happens.... too much to do.... and I am on hold right now on the phone with a client.....

I think I am a severe workaholic - I like it. But it is going to blow up in my face.

• Author
Sometimes we use work to assauge a lack in our relationships. Success can work like a bandaid.

Sure...... and I know this, and I have forgotten all the gripes and expectations I had.... not there.

so this is fabulous for me.

Course we do have sex then I say " so how is so and so's job coming along, I have a new job coming up for us"

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

I have switched my expectations of personal relationship into a work relationship..... and it is working for me.

Working for him as well because he has no pressure on him except to work.

He was always good and is motivated by money. So things are great.

I am motivated by the challenge.

Well, while I am on a roll a-4-a-my marriage ruined my business. I can laugh at it now, but it wasn't funny back then.

Enjoy every moment and stop waiting for the other shoe to drop!!!

Now get back to work!!!!

• Author
Perhaps you could put in a 'work order' for a date.:)

:lmao: I did that with sex last night :lmao:

We have to get to bed so we can have sex and I have a BJ scheduled for you.... :lmao::lmao:

true!

I have been starting work at 6 am and stopping around 9 pm..... and still working in my head until the moment I fall asleep. I like this...... but I know it is like a drug to me. I know it will become everything.

Yes it will. I can confirm that myself.

• Author

I just got a new client........

:lmao::lmao:

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Triple booked this Sat....... guess grocery shopping date on Sun...

It is addictive..... I don't think I can stop.

I am in the midst of landing a huge client.... gotta hire a crew for this one!!!!!!! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

I think I am a severe workaholic - I like it. But it is going to blow up in my face …I have switched my expectations of personal relationship into a work relationship..... and it is working for me.

do you think that feeling of impending doom IS that because you've realigned your mindset about work and marriage and you're happy with it, there's some niggling bit of guilt or second-guessing about your happiness? You know, something inside just won't allow you to completely enjoy this – like preconceived expectations about marriage, etc?

that said, congratulations on the success of the business, a! Does this mean that the kitchen chicken is completely out of the picture? (sorry, lost thread of that particular subject)

I know this is very addictive...

The more you work.. the more money you bring in... It is addictive...;)

But, you will eventually slow down... you're just NOT ready yet....but trust me you will..

Just enjoy it for now... :bunny:

• Author
I think I am a severe workaholic - I like it. But it is going to blow up in my face …I have switched my expectations of personal relationship into a work relationship..... and it is working for me.

do you think that feeling of impending doom IS that because you've realigned your mindset about work and marriage and you're happy with it, there's some niggling bit of guilt or second-guessing about your happiness? You know, something inside just won't allow you to completely enjoy this – like preconceived expectations about marriage, etc?

that said, congratulations on the success of the business, a! Does this mean that the kitchen chicken is completely out of the picture? (sorry, lost thread of that particular subject)

Doom is probably because there is much more to risk in business then in marriage. If my feelings get hurt that doesn't cause the loss of my life or home. It is all riding on me. That is ok. The M is secondary.... don't care about that. Like I told the H, if you cannot meet my needs as requested you will have to meet other needs - like buying me lots of crap! :lmao::lmao:

- just got another client. WTfruck? coming out of the woodwork! YES!

Kitchen Chicken will rear her brillo haired head again I am sure. Almost through with that entire ordeal. Still chat with her H on occassion, but just brief..... no business entangling with them. I know she holds a grudge and if gets any idea of our success she will be spitting venom.

He is leaving her. Done deal.....and our life is 100% better with them out of it. No more Pop Tart breath to deal with!

Funny how this has worked out.... could have happened sooner if I didn't have to convince my H that my thoughts on the entire thing were correct.

ehhhhhhh. whatever.... we are here now. Like a horse that thinks they will drownd if they cross a river, gotta convince them they won't. Just was an exhausting thing to go through on my behalf.

• Author
What kind of business is this? geezz... if you got too much work... just let me know... I'll buy a 'franchise'... :laugh:

Sorry Lizzie - I don't think this line of work would suit you. And if you had sex with the clients H's you would never work in this town again.

:p:lmao:

He is leaving her. Done deal.....and our life is 100% better with them out of it. No more Pop Tart breath to deal with!

:laugh::laugh::laugh: ... and I imagine it's a huge relief not to have to put up with that drama anymore. Kinda like getting sucked into a black vortex, with them swirling around inside, eh?

Sorry Lizzie - I don't think this line of work would suit you. And if you had sex with the clients H's you would never work in this town again.

*groan* why am I picturing Lizzie with the horses you've talked about before? Must get Boystown out of my head ... :eek::eek::eek:

1998- one office

2000 - two offices

2006 - five offices

Currently - 8 with one opening in Memphis before EOY....

We've grown from us three, (Me, Brother and Buddy) to thirty three in less than 5 years.....

I call this, "growing pains" .......I'm always traveling, in fact, I'm typing this up right now, in the car, heading south to Arkansas for the rest of the week.

I hardly see Mrs. Moose, she's getting depressed, and the kids are moaning for Dad to spend time with them, I've had to sell most of my horses, and I donated 2 of my best plus the other critters that my kids no longer take care of to the Boys Ranch. Sold my plane back to the partner(s) that went in with me, sold my pontoon, and used all those funds to pay for Moose Jr.'s college...which didn't set well with the Mrs......don't ask why....

It's so bad, I came home last week from Denver, and found a book, "Walk out woman" by Mrs. Moose's night stand. Not good at all folks.....

We've created a monster of a business, and it's only going to get worse. Yes, people are literally THROWING their money at us too!

Success has it's price......and I'm afraid it'll be too much to bare......

(Seems like I've heard that before).....

• Author

One difference is that the H and I work together. If things are busy I go in the field........ I just finished one job up here.

Moose....... I think I love you........... :lmao: Mrs. Moose is going to have to realize that Mr. Moose has to be out of town so she has a roof over her head.

Quak- this biz has nothing to do with horses...... that is my hobby and how I spend my money. Doing good deeds. Besides our horses are gelded so Lizzie would have no interest in them. :p

Business yes but not one I profit from at all.

They are all my kids and the reason I am not in the work field 24/7.

Mrs. Moose is going to have to realize that Mr. Moose has to be out of town so she has a roof over her head.
Not true, unfortunately.....we own everything. (yes, I said unfortunately)...100% debt free with nice nests built up here and there. I prefer it this way, but it has it's drawbacks. There's absolutely nothing keeping her home save the kids right now.....and I'm just unavailable.....most of the time.....hence her depression.....

I don't know what it is about her that she can't understand.....sure....this was just going to be a little firm from the beginning. (sound familiar a4a?) Now it's grown into a very lucritive company that many depend on. I feel somewhat obligated to nurse it until I'm ready to retire......if she could just hang on another 10 years.....or so....

It's not the money anymore, and I feel somewhat shovinistic to say this, but we've got a good thing going, and I'd be a fool to walk away from it.

Still, it isn't worth losing her over it, but what is a guy going to do?? If she does, "walk" out.....who would be the one to blame??

sounds like you and H have got the business end running smoothly, and that's always a good thing to have because that should help the relationship go more smoothly.

gelded ... yep, that'd be a downer. NOT that she's into horsey dingalings or nothing!

moose, you're kidding about the missus being upset for you paying for jr. college? Or is it because the boat is gone, and therefore opportunities for y'all to do stuff as family?

is there any way to get Mrs. Moose involved at some level in the company? That way she's got a vested the success of the business.

or, is she at a crossroads right now, esp. with kids starting back to school and you seemingly gone all the time? College would fulfill some of her needs … and maybe travelling together with you on jobs could give you the time together that she wants?