Who the hell wants to get married??

Are you aware of the trouble it is? Of its entire meaning? The hard work that it is getting married and keeping the marriage last for the rest of your life? No more privacy or sometime alone. Forever. You will be sharing the same bathroom. You will lose fiscal benefits. You will have to deal with someone else's issues because you have to. To give explanations. To commit. To accept diferences, no matter how much you dislike them.

The passion will fade and you will get something between friendship and companionship love. Obligations to the spouse. No more falling in love (no more stomach butterflies or racing heart ever again, and if that happens you have to say no). Lost of identity. You will never be YOU again, you will be US.

Every plan regarding your life will have to be discussed and be taken for further approval.

Save the money and go visit Italy or something.

I think i'm just ranting because i'm feeling particularly bitter.:confused:

blind_otter

Nah. There's a whole camp of us who don't believe in marriage. Thing is, I don't mind the loss of privacy. Hell, I live with my partner and share a bedroom. I just think it's an antiquated institution originally designed to facilitate the transfer of property. As an institution I believe it's outdated. At the very least, marriage licenses should be renewable so you don't have to go through the trouble of divorcing when you want to split up. You could just let your license expire. :D

Are you aware of the trouble it is?
Are you aware of the rewards it has?
Of its entire meaning?
Of it's entire meaning?
The hard work that it is getting married and keeping the marriage last for the rest of your life?
Ever hear of labor of love?
No more privacy or sometime alone.
You're kidding? Not so at all!
You will be sharing the same bathroom.
Only the master bath......but if occupied, we still have the main, guest, pool house and shop bathrooms....
You will lose fiscal benefits.
There's plenty to go around...
You will have to deal with someone else's issues because you have to.
Maybe I WANT to?
To give explanations.
Not if you always stay on the same page.
To commit.
A person who can't commit isn't worth much anyway.
To accept diferences, no matter how much you dislike them.
Just watch your potential spouse selection.
The passion will fade and you will get something between friendship and companionship love.
Hey....as long as she's around to push my wheelchair.....I can deal with that!
Obligations to the spouse.
That's a two way street.
No more falling in love (no more stomach butterflies or racing heart ever again,
Not so! It still happens in my house!
Lost of identity.
Something must've happened to you....
You will never be YOU again, you will be US.
Nuthin' wrong with that!
Every plan regarding your life will have to be discussed and be taken for further approval.
I don't agree. Or at least, it's not that way in our relationship.
I think i'm just ranting because i'm feeling particularly bitter.
Ummmm.......obviously.....sorry to hear that! Really!.....