Everybody's getting married

Over these past two years so many of my friends have gotten married, especially this year, 5 of my friends have/will be married during June/July alone! And that's not even including acquaintances. I don't know why but seeing this makes me sort of nervous, maybe I'm a bit jealous, who knows. Anyone else get a little 'weird' when you're invited to 4 weddings within 2/3 months? Am I just being a girl? :laugh::o

*yes I'm really not doing well at my thread titles recently :(

Over these past two years so many of my friends have gotten married, especially this year, 5 of my friends have/will be married during June/July alone! And that's not even including acquaintances. I don't know why but seeing this makes me sort of nervous, maybe I'm a bit jealous, who knows. Anyone else get a little 'weird' when you're invited to 4 weddings within 2/3 months? Am I just being a girl? :laugh::o

*yes I'm really not doing well at my thread titles recently :(

I was going to ask 'who?' LOL

Come on... jealous of what? I love weddings... they are so much fun.

In less than 5 years, most of them will be divorced... remember now days the the vow:

'till death do us apart or five years, whichever comes first' ;)

• Author
I was going to ask 'who?' LOL

Come on... jealous of what? I love weddings... they are so much fun.

In less than 5 years, most of them will be divorced... remember now days the the vow:

'till death do us apart or five years, whichever comes first' ;)

Yeah yeah :p I asked for it to be corrected so it will, it's funny because I get annoyed at poor spelling but have messed up my last two thread titles :laugh:

I love weddings as well! I'm always shocked when people complain about having to go to one like it's some sort of chore.

I'm not jealous in the sense that I wish it was me getting married right now, I've also seen young marriages go very sour so I'm cautious but I admit that I think i am slightly jealous. And I'm going to insist that a little tiny bit of jealousy is normal :p

Ah Allina, at a certain time of your life it does seem as if everyone is getting married. Next thing round will be the baby phase. And eventually some of the couples who are getting married will split up.

And so goes the great circle of life.

Don't worry about it.... going to other peoples weddings is alot better than having your own- its a free party!

I am not getting married anytime soon.... you aren't alone!

Yeah yeah :p I asked for it to be corrected so it will, it's funny because I get annoyed at poor spelling but have messed up my last two thread titles :laugh:

I love weddings as well! I'm always shocked when people complain about having to go to one like it's some sort of chore.

I'm not jealous in the sense that I wish it was me getting married right now, I've also seen young marriages go very sour so I'm cautious but I admit that I think i am slightly jealous. And I'm going to insist that a little tiny bit of jealousy is normal :p

On all those weddings, just make sure you catch all the bouquets... :bunny:

• Author
Ah Allina, at a certain time of your life it does seem as if everyone is getting married. Next thing round will be the baby phase. And eventually some of the couples who are getting married will split up.

And so goes the great circle of life.

Don't worry about it.... going to other peoples weddings is alot better than having your own- its a free party!

I am not getting married anytime soon.... you aren't alone!

:) I just think this circle of life shouldn't be starting just yet, I'm 24! I'm not ready yet! :laugh:

I had a friend's marriage breakup in less than a year, it was a shock to everyone.

Well then *cheers* to us not getting married

• Author
On all those weddings, just make sure you catch all the bouquets... :bunny:

I think if I'm elbowing my may through and diving for the bouquet I'll scare my bf :lmao::lmao:

I think if I'm elbowing my may through and diving for the bouquet I'll scare my bf :lmao::lmao:

Yes I think you might be right.

I am 29... still not ready!

• Author

I am 29... still not ready!

Good because I'm not ready for marriage, kids, any of that, and sometimes i feel like I'm lagging behind.

My GF caught the boquet at the wedding we went to this past Saturday.:eek:

Most people that I see around me who I know are starting to have kids and settle down.

I was at two weddings in a three week span and I feel fine, so you are just being a girl about it.:p

• Author
My GF caught the boquet at the wedding we went to this past Saturday.:eek:

Most people that I see around me who I know are starting to have kids and settle down.

I was at two weddings in a three week span and I feel fine, so you are just being a girl about it.:p

So how's your gf feeling about it? Is she busting moves to go after the bouquet? :laugh:

So how's your gf feeling about it? Is she busting moves to go after the bouquet? :laugh:

I was about 10 glasses of champagne and two beers deep when it happened. I don't believe that there was any busting. I think the boquet came right to her. It was funny because the guy who caught the thingee that goes around the brides leg, he had to put it on my GF's leg in front of everyone.

• Author
I was about 10 glasses of champagne and two beers deep when it happened. I don't believe that there was any busting. I think the boquet came right to her. It was funny because the guy who caught the thingee that goes around the brides leg, he had to put it on my GF's leg in front of everyone.

Wow Rid, you must have been loaded, good thing you didn't forget that this was a wedding tradition and think the guy was getting on your girl :lmao:

I know how you feel! I mean, jeeeez, is it something in the water? One of my friends started dating a lady four months ago, they got engaged three months into the relationship, and the wedding's slated for September. Me and bf are invited. Yay!

I don't really envy the bride, just because it seems so stressful. One of my friends got so fed up with the wedding planning process that her and her fiance decided to just go to City Hall and have a party later.

LOVE going to weddings though. Good food, free booze, happy people? What more could you want?

I'm 25, and I've got a spread of friends from 23 to 30, which, I s'pose, is prime marrying time. Mind you, it's the ones 26-29 who are getting married. It's a little jealousy-inducing, because the ones who have been married so far seem to LOVE it. The only one I'm really worried about is the three-month rush.

It'll be your turn soon enough, just you wait. The vast majority of people in the U.S. end up getting married at some point or another, so at the very least, statistics are on your side!

Wow Rid, you must have been loaded, good thing you didn't forget that this was a wedding tradition and think the guy was getting on your girl :lmao:

I have been worse, but I still had a nice buzz. He was a good sport about it though. he wasn't doing anything outrageous.

Am I just being a girl? :laugh::o

Na. Perhaps your feeling left out or maybe you just want to get married. Would you feel the same way if no one you knew was?

And no I don't feel werid. I love going to weddings. There so much fun. Are you the type that just sits around? Drink, mingle dance, sex, etc...:bunny: Way ta go IMO.;)

I think it's awful that people feel abnormal if they're not getting married by a certain age. I know that here in the US there are a lot of cultural pressures to get married, and I think it leads people into rushing into something that should never be done unless you're sure about it. I think that marriage itself shouldn't be a goal - it should be something that you do IF you find the right person.

• Author
Na. Perhaps your feeling left out or maybe you just want to get married. Would you feel the same way if no one you knew was?

And no I don't feel werid. I love going to weddings. There so much fun. Are you the type that just sits around? Drink, mingle dance, sex, etc...:bunny: Way ta go IMO.;)

Oh, don't get me wrong I have a great time at weddings. And though I do want to get married someday, I don't want to right now.

I think it's awful that people feel abnormal if they're not getting married by a certain age. I know that here in the US there are a lot of cultural pressures to get married, and I think it leads people into rushing into something that should never be done unless you're sure about it. I think that marriage itself shouldn't be a goal - it should be something that you do IF you find the right person.

I think there is much less pressure in the US to get married than in most other countries. You're right about people rushing in because they feel like that 'should' be getting married already.