T/J on Hurting re: Strip Clubs

Spinoff question to the guys: what would you have done in this situation? Would you have gone into the strip club, knowing how your wife would feel or would you have stayed outside, knowing your brother and the other guys would probably tease you the rest of the time?

Spinoff question to the guys: what would you have done in this situation? Would you have gone into the strip club, knowing how your wife would feel or would you have stayed outside, knowing your brother and the other guys would probably tease you the rest of the time?

If my wife/gf would be hurt by me going to a strip club, I wouldn't go in.

My committment to them is more important that get some skanks boobs in my face.

GoodOnPaper

I'd go in without hesitation. My reasons go beyond the scope of your question, but I wouldn't be looking to hurt my wife or hook up with a stripper. In short, experiencing an environment where sexuality is so out in the open -- I've only been to a strip club once, and that was 20 years ago -- wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing for me at the moment.

I'll take this one. My wife & I have discussed this possibility, although it has not happened yet.

I would go into the club and have a beer. I would not have a lapdance or go into a private room.

Frankly, people-watching, specifically observing the interaction between the men and the dancers would be much more interesting than the dancers themselves, most of whom (as others have pointed out) are not exceptionally good looking.

Don't beleive me? I'll tell you: the last time I visited a strip club (before I met me wife), most of the time I was pondering the way these men were mostly paying for a pretty girl to make eye contact and smile at them. They can admire a set of boobs without having to be descreet or soemone called them a pervert. How sad it is that they have to come here for that! When men are paying $10 per bootle for what is normally cheap beer, stuffing $1's into someone's g-string and $20 for someone to wiggle her butt for him and he can't even touch her without the bouncer threatening to toss him out the door, it's the men who are being exploited, not the women.

I am not a guy so I can't say anything here but I just had to reply to what stayclose said -

it's the men who are being exploited, not the women.

I so agree with you!

You look at any other business out there and people sell what the customers want, so they gear there advertisment and product to what the target customer base is, to draw more in and sell, sell, sell. If you have a door to door salesman come to your door selling books he will come in with you thinking he is trying to sell you one and he will leave after selling you 12! If men stoped going into strip clubs they would go out of business and the women wouldn't be doing it anymore but men will NEVER stop going in and so there is money to be made thus making it so women will NEVER stop selling it. It is part of our socity "sexs sells" just look at the bill boards with fast cars and sexy women in bikinis on them it will never end.

I am sorry for hijacking your thread I really didn't mean to I just had to say somthing about that coment cause it is sooo true.

I would go in. I think if my wife couldn't understand the nuances of the situation and expects to make it a black and white "right or wrong" issue, then she has another thing coming. Just a little insight... guys respect their wife's wishes, but have no desire to be ruled when in the face of social expectations.

I'll take this one. My wife & I have discussed this possibility, although it has not happened yet.

I would go into the club and have a beer. I would not have a lapdance or go into a private room.

You can have a beer anywhere. Why does it have to be a strip club?

I don't think he's being universal in his statement. He is answering the question with the scenario provided.

It doesn't. The OP's question referred to another thread about a husband with was with a group of guys who decided to visit a strip club. In that sitation I would go in, but I would not intereact sexually with anyone one-on-one, a description which I consider a one-on-one lapdance to fall into. But I would people-watch, including those getting lapdances (but just in the interests of science of course ;) )

If I'm by myself and I want a beer, I would not go to a strip club because they charge about twice as much as regular bars.