I am worried...health issues

ThumbingMyWay

this might not be the right forum....but I am not feeling so well….I got a huge pit in my stomach.

Wife just called, she had a mammogram last week….and now they want her to come back for a better ultrasound because “something” showed on the initial picture.

We went thru this 2 years ago….went back for better look and there was nothing there….they say sometimes “things” show up but it is just technical glitch or whatever with the equipment. Again, nothing was wrong…

But this time…I dunno…I just got a bad vibe…and so does my wife. I trust my gut…and theres a pit in it….and I just don’t have a good feeling.

Her mother had breast cancer, and a mastectomy in the mid 90’s. She was clean till she got lung cancer 2 years ago….then she passed just over a year ago.

Its scary…I am scared. I know I shouldn’t look into things till we meet with Doc for 2nd ultrasound. But my wife has been complaining of pains in her breast tissue the last few months. I am worried and my gut tells me so.

I will keep as positive as I can…but I look at all these pictures of my kids…and it just scares me. I have thought many times what life would be like without her (given her affair and if we divorced) and how the kids would manage. But I never have thought what life would be like if she was passed on. It would absolutely crush our kids…I cant even imagine what life would be like without her….OK OK…need the facts first….appt next week Wed. Untill then, positive thinking attitude.

We will deal with whatever God gives us when we get it….until then, keep us in your prayers.

Ladyjane14

That sounds like a scary situation, Thumbs. :(

All you can do is to try not to cross that bridge before you come to it though, right? If you're feeling the need to take action though, why not try directing your energies into reducing stress. IOW, make sure you're both eating right, sleeping right, getting exercise, and all that. Stress on the mind often results in stress on the body, so maybe you can get together with your wife and come up with a de-stressing treatment plan.

Hopefully, this will turn out to be nothing and you'll have avoided some wasted worry. I'll add my prayers to yours and pray that it's so. :love:

• Author
ThumbingMyWay

false alarm.

no mass found. Apparently my wife has dense breast tissue and it showed up on screens as NOT normal. After a few more pictures and ultrasound...it was determined to be nothing...just denseness.

thanks