Moving too Fast???

gourmetbean

I'll try to make this short and sweet. Met this great guy about 9 months ago after being separated from my husband only about 3 weeks. The marriage was unhealthy for years before the decision was made, it was fairly mutual and we parted ways on a happy note. We have one 13 year old son together and live about 5 mins. apart.

Well I instantly fell head over heels for this wonderful, kind, affectionate guy who was also recently separated (3 months) from his high school sweetheart. She had cheated on him a number of times throughout their marriage.

He moved into my house about 4 months ago and everything has been going great (he works afternoon shift) :rolleyes: . I found out recently his ex has been having regrets but realizes they can't go back. I think I might still love my husband but I can tell there is no going back for us either.. So here we are.

I finally agreed to meet his parents this weekend and everything went fine - this was important to him. He recently asked his son to come and live with us (after discussing this with me) and we'll find out this weekend what his decision is. I couldn't say no, I don't want him to resent me but I'm scared as hell, my son lives with us one week on/one week off and I'm happy with our current arrangement. It gives me a little bit of freedom too. I don't know if I'm ready for this big step and I'm afraid if the boy moves in I might change my mind. I feel like I'm caught in a wave and I can't stop it, I love this guy to death but I'm feeling recently that we should just end this now before it gets way out of hand.

whichwayisup

Seems things are moving fast and all of a sudden, not only are you living with him but you're gonna be a stepmom to his kid. Maybe taking a step back, moving out and still dating is the better way to go...

Also, it is ALOT for his son to deal with, it's only been 3 months since his parents split up, so the transition of dealing with the loss of his parents not together anymore as a family, IS going to affect how things are now.

Look, bottomline, if you like this guy, be honest and upfront. Tell him all your fears - Suggest that moving out for now IS the right thing to do under the circumstances. Let the kids get used to the idea of you two dating, and slowly build something together.

Hope this helps.