Marriage Engagement...?

Louise_Mint

My boyfriend and I are both 22 yrs old and have been together for almost 2 years and are happy in our relationship. Last weekend I went to a friends wedding alone as he was away and I kept thinking to myself - this could be us! He told me the following day that a friend of ours who was at the wedding sent him a message saying 'watch out Louise is eyeing up the rings' and asked him if he was freaked out by that and he said 'I think I'd be more worried about shopping for the ring that actual proposing' but he said it in a jokey way. So anyway this got me thinking, he's been saying for a long while that he wants to stay together and wants a future with me but not until 'it's the right time'. I want to know if he's thinking about us getting engaged but I'm too scared to ask and I can't go and propose myself because I know he would be really upset.

They'll probably be lots of people thinking what's the hurry but I feel like I'm ready and this is what I want. I just want to know if he's thinking it too. Is 2 years long enough to know what you want?

Any comments would be great!