What Do You Consider A Healthy Sexlife?

LabradorsGalor

My W and I have differences of opinions on what a healthy sexlife includes and involves. By most definitions we are classified as a sexless marriage. I also realize this may work for some couples and there there is no standard "norm" for what makes up a healthy and fulfilling sexlife - other than if it works for the individual couple. However, my wife has made comments to me that suggest I'm an oversexed person or that other couples don't have "frequent" sex after being married as long as we have (10 years).

Given that the definition of a healthy sexlife depends on each couple, I am curious to hear from people who feel that have a healthy sexlife. What is your definition of a healthy sexlife.

Kwo-ne'-she

Well, as you said, there is no set in stone definition. All couples are different. So, a "healthy sex life" would be one in which both partners needs are met, and they are both satisfied. How's that? :D

If you are asking about frequency....I was married 20 yrs, and up til the very last (when the abuse was the worst), we had sex about every other day. I laughingly say, "3 days is long enough for me, waiting longer is inhuman!" :laugh: Of course, I have to be in love with the person. I was celibate for 9 months between LTRs, and it wasn't from lack of opportunities.

In LTR I have had since then, daily sex is about the norm. Sometimes every other day. However, I have always suspected that I have a higher sex drive than some women.