College Student In Need

This fall I'm going to be a freshman in college. I have been going out with a girl at my school for four months now, and she is going to be a senior in high school this fall. I guess what I'm looking for here is advice as to whether to stay with her or break-up with her. Honestly, the only issue in our relationship is that I'm going away to college; were I staying around this town or if I had another year in high school we would most certainly still be together. Since this is an LDR specific forum, I'm sure people here have been in this situation. If I stay with her, I think I'm going to have a really hard time going from seeing her everyday, to only seeing her every couple of months. Do you think that I should just give it a shot and see how it goes? I believe she wants to stay together, but our circumstances are so different. I think I may be looking at this more realistically than she is. But I really really love her, and I certainly want her in my life. Any advice at all would be helpful, thank you.

If I were you, I'd give it a try and see how things turn out between you guys in a long distance relationship. Sometimes long distance relationships actually make a couple stronger.

I have been in a LDR for 2 years... There are a lot of factors that will contribute to how it goes for your relationship. How far away are you going for college? The distance will be a definite factor, if you can go to see her for a quick weekend then it will be easier, if you have to buy a plane ticket then it might be a little harder. The best advice I can say is start talking to her now, see what she thinks. If you have more specific questions then post them and those of us who have some experience in this area will do our best to help you.

Also as the previous poster said LDR's can make a couple stronger as long as you trust eachother!

I am almost in the same situation with you. Only my relationship has lasted a year and a half and I am leaving my boyfriend behind for college. He says that we should stay together instead of having wasted a year and a half by just abandoning the relationship and I am debating trying it out because I have doubts about loving him. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Some relationships grow stronger from the distance. I would say that would be better to try it out rather than just ending it because of the distance. This way you can't regret ending something that could have been great and if it doesn't work out then at least you know you tried.