Grad school 400 miles away

BlackBantie

I've been friends with and dating this guy for almost a year. He just graduated from college and he was planning on attending grad school here in the city. However, he got a scholarship and a part time job from another university 400 miles away and he couldn't turn it down. I unfortunately still have 1 year of undergrad left. I'm really devastated and disappointed. I really like him and he says that he still really likes me a lot. He said that he had planned on asking me out once school started but obviously that's not happening.

I told him that liking me is pointless especially since he said he had bad experiences with long distance relationships before (as have I). He told me not to say that and not to be negative and that he'll still visit. I don't think it'll be the same though.

I'm a premed student and I've already applied to med schools and one of them happens to be at the same city where his grad school is. So I guess there is a chance that we could reunite but that's a year away and who knows if I'm even going to that school.

I'd really like to be in a relationship with him, he's a great guy and we have a lot in common but now I just don't know. I don't know what to do.