hes ignoring me

Okay

My boyfriend and i just graduated high school this past june. He still doesnt know what he wants to do, but im going to college in the fall three hours away. We live in a really small town where there isnt much to do and everyone knows everbody, so he decided to move to his shore house ( three and half hours away) to figure out what he wanted to do with his life and see what it was like to live on his own for a while. When he told me this i was upset becuase he was going to be away from me, but i supported his decision becuase we would still see eachother as much as we could, and i would visit him all the time, we both know we are "the ones" for each other and that this time apart would only make us stronger.

But the first week was really rough. I called him to let him know that this time apart was really tough and i didnt know if i could do it and he was completley shocked. We kept talking about it for about 5 minutes then he said lets just go to bed, ill call you in the morning and we will talk some more about it. i agreed and we hung up. that was the last i heard from him.. he hasnt spoken to me in about 2 weeks...hes ignoring my phone calls and i really cant figure out why hes doing this. I figure hes kind of mad at me for doubting our long distance relationship, but i cant fifure out what i did that was so wrong to him.

He wont return my phone calls, so i left a message on his cell phone apologizing for what i said, i was just having a rough day, but that was a week ago. Im thinking i should stop trying to call him every night and just stop trying to contact him at all, so maybe he will WANT to talk to me finally and tell me whats going on. It sucks that hes leaving me up in the air like this. I really have no idea what to do, let me know your input on my situation.

I think that him not calling for 2 weeks is odd... Were you having any other problems before he left? How long were you dating before he left?

I am in a LDR right now and we have never gone more than 2 days w/o talking, even in the hardest times. I think that you should quit calling him for a while and see if he calls you. If he doesn't call you need to move on. There could be a million reasons why he is not calling you back.

Good luck!

agree w/ beachlover, theres no reason he cant just call to say hi, or talk about your concerns

I'm sorry but............. what an ASS.

I've had my share of guys completely ignoring me too. And I will never know why. It's for the best. It's THEIR loss.

You've tried to contact him. Now it's probably time for HIM to contact you. You did all you could. Sorry guys can be asspubes. There are other guys out there. I know that sounds so cliche... but it's TRUE. There are still good guys out there who will treat you better than your supposed boyfriend.

d1rtysecret

Im kinda in the same situation as you but its my girlfriend thats ignoring me, well not totally we had a chat lastnight but it was very neutral, no emotion involved at all, kinda confusing because in a week im due to fly over to see her but i dont know if i should now. Attempting to talk about things just results in her shutting down and going all silent again.