Going Travelling... ?

debjenkins

Ok, this is a long one! I met my bf when I was 15 on an US/UK exchange - we kept in contact and fell in love somewhat unexpectedly last year after a visit.

This past year has been one of many flights and sleepless nights trying to grab any sort of contact with one another. This year I decided to go travelling around the world (a big ambition of mine) and so thought it would be a perfect opportunity for me to come over to the states for 3 months to see how we would get on spending 'actual time' together.

It's been fantastic and now I'm completely head over heels, however now I have to leave to carry on with my travelling - six months ago my bf said that he would be able to come too; his job is awful (he complains all the time about his bosses who are very demanding - they think they own him or something!) so he wants to quit. Unfortunately his company has just bought a new company in which my bf is sent in to set up, organise etc etc - therefore he doesnt want to go until that is over with (hopefully getting him a better reference and more things for him to put on his resume. which makes sense, i get that).

This is going to take 6-9 months though!!! So I would have done at least half my travelling by the time he gets out there. I don't want to be without him but know there is no way that I can drop my plans (i've done that for bf's before and am going to learn from my mistakes!). But what should I do? What should he do? He says he can't imagine being without me and doesn't want me to leave. Should I do my travelling in AUS and then come back to the US for another couple of months and then jet off again - hopefully with him? Am I the only one putting into this relationship? How do I get a definite answer of 'when?' from him when he doesnt know!!?

Someone stop me from going crazy!!!

If you wait for him and something happened to prevent him from joining you, could you still continue to travel without him anyway?

• Author
debjenkins

The problem is I can't wait for him because my US visa runs out next month and so I have to leave - I know I'll be doing AUS on my own, I just wish I didn't have to.