Early stages of LDR

Have recently been introduced thru a friend to a person living several states away in TX, and I live in SC, and we just started chatting by email. Basically, its still in the early stages, kinda just getting to know each other. A few emails back and forth. We've never met. Basically a "blind email", rather than a blind date. Make sense?

My question is this: How did your early stages go? I've initiated all the contacts, and only get a reply if I write first. My gut tells me this person might not be quite into starting a LDR. Or am I just being paranoid and should just let it flow slowly and see where it leads. Whats confusing me is that this person was the one that was interested in being introduced. Seems to me that if you were interested in getting to know someone to see if there was even any chance, that you'd make every effort to keep the communication going. Flowing both ways, not just one person initiating and then waiting for a reply.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

You're thinking about this way too much man. You haven't even seen her!

You should never get anxious and have paranoid thoughts during a relationship anyway.

You had the right thought there, just let it flow. Suggest to meet up sometime, but make it seem like it isn't much of an inconvenience for you.

Whatever you do, just take it easy when you meet her. Don't have any expectations and don't tell her that you like her or love her. Just make sure the time you spend with her is memorable.

Good luck.

caring guy

I just met someone i spoke to on msn for ages, we were the same as we were on the pc & on the phone, we were mellow & i initially thought that i was having to be different, but i wasn't , i was the same, i know that if you feel someone is making the first move (especilally women), they are trying you r desperacy!

Chill & let her contact you next! I've learned that, no matter how much impatience it takes!

If this is early stages and you are just getting to know the person, don't be freaking out over what they are doing. Chances are you don't know enough yet about the person to say you are in love or crazy about them (well other than crazy or in love with the idea of possibly finding someone aka day dreaming).

Maybe back off from emailing all the time to see if the other person is still interested in getting to know you.

For my early stages, I talked to my guy online occasionally. Since I meet him online in a game and we belonged to the same guild, I just sent him a tell every now and again asking about certain things about our characters (we were the same class...). Either way, we only chatted on occasions, and those occasions became more frequest. Then we started to play together a little, then a little more, then to the point where we were never without the other. You see where that is going?

Take it slow. Get to know them. Let them get to know you 'if' they are interested to. Don't just throw out a/s/l plus everything else in a timely fashion like it was a dating ad.