Dieing inside...

I have not seen my boyfriend in 3 and 1/2 months. I'm hurting and I don't know what to do to pass the time. We are beginning to fight more and more about little things and I know its because we are both hurting without each other. What can I do to pass the time and how can we cut back on the fighting? Thanks. :(

s.e.

Brittanyjean06

sorry i was looking for dingleberries hahaha just kidding

have you talked to him at all? or just not seen him?...i do not know what the fighting is about- but maybe it is time ya'll were ment to part ways ?....

Brittanyjean06

neither of you want to break up- but something is breaking you up, natures force for change- sorry if that sounds super sticious- im sorry ! :-(

I am so sorry for what you are going through. Is it possible you could give a little more info about your situation? I think it would help others to know what is going on with you and your BF.

I don't think that just because you are fighting that necessarily means you should break up. If you haven't seen each other for that long then you are experiencing extra stress and it often ends in fights or small arguments over nothing (I've been away from my boyfriend for nearly 3 months myself...)

Also, there is an added stress that couples who see each other regularly don't have. When you speak on the phone, you are both aware that the pressure is on you both to conduct a 'normal' conversation, as you don't have the luxury of seeing each other. It can be very hard if you are in different moods, or one of you misinterprets something because of tone of voice or something.

Maybe try talking to him about this? Or arrange to speak another time if one of you is starting a fight - better to stop it before it gets going!

As for what to do with your time - try making yourself really busy with other friends or activities, this should make you happier and then you will have something to bring to the conversations with your boyfriend.

Good luck - you're not the only one who has experienced this!

• 2 weeks later...

well this is normal, i normally went 4-5 months at a time without seeing my girlfriend. And she would sometimes get mad and argue over really stupid little things. And later she would tell me sorry its just that she misses me so much and it drives her crazy that she cant see me. if it is stressing you out, just have an open conversation about it. this is the time that you dont hide ur feelings or try to play guessing games. so dont worry, talk all the time with eachother, do not let the distance determine your future because it will eat at you for a long time believe me. you are in control, the only thing that can stop you is yourself.