Once there is a break up in an LDR can you get them back??

If there is a breakup is there anything you can do to better yourself.... or anything like NC to try to get them to come back..

My girl broke up with me citing "I don't know what I want anymore" all the suddent... also she told her friend "I want us to work out but I don't think we will... i think someone else will be able to make him happier"

Any ideas??

I think these are the sorts of lessons you have to learn by making bad choices, and then wishing wholeheartedly that you could go back and make a different choice.

But, if I could go back and make a different choice, I would have broke off contact immediately. It's the route of least pain (or at least, the least she'll be able to witness).

Also, if any circumstance is going to convince her that you're worth taking another shot at, it won't be you trying to convince her of it.

Presumably, you haven't made any bad choices yet. I'm just saying that this lesson is best learned by doing so.

The good choice would be to break off contact with her, but it's tough to see that as a viable option right now.

• Author

Thanks fro the clarification..

I know what the best thing to do is.. and I am trying to move on.... I actually am excited about college starting again.

It is a true bummer during this holiday season because we were so close but I think that it might make me stronger in the coming weeks because of how much harder it has been during the frist weeks.

It is my hope that this pain will go away soon.. I still want to be with her but if she is so messed up than I can't do anything about it. I don't think it is fair but who said life was.

I hope that breaking off contact works... she said she wasn't head-over-heels in love with me anymore but still loved me.... her logic makes no sense but what the hell!

I don't know... I am a nice person.. I have a lot to offe women but maybe I have the wrong approach on women. I don't know.. We will see what the future will hold

• Author

I am not happy though... about the fact that I don't have any closure on this whole thing and the last thing I got was

"I want us to work out...."

that is such a game..... I mean pick or choose know what I mean... but I don't want to piss her off because she is a good person and I truely think she is hurting about doing this which makes me wonder why she is doing it??

RealityCheck

get over her. Yeah, its hard, but women are taught that a man's ego is soft so let him off gently. She doesn't have interest in you anymore. Those are the brakes of a LDR.

To better yourself, you meet someone else who's closer and have to let the other one go. find another girl and move on. Live n learn....then get luvs ( ignore the latter